CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ultrasound Update


Image hosted by Photobucket.com It's wet and quite chilly here in Illinois today. When I got up this morning it was only about 56 and the high is low 60s. I doubt we're even going to get there with the rain that's falling. Since it's raining, no walk for Fancy this morning.



Went to the hospital this morning for my ultrasound and had another non-scale victory. I was able to sit in the chairs in the imaging waiting room. The last time I tried to sit in one of those chairs, the wood popped and I was afraid of ending up on the floor so I ended up prying my large behind out of the chair and sitting on a table that was a LOT more sturdy! The real test of the day was getting up onto the gurney they wanted me on for the ultrasound. I looked at it and thought "You've got to be kidding!". With the help of the tech I did manage to get up there. She did the ultrasound and then left the room to get another tech. That one did some more images just in case. The tech helped me to climb back down from the gurney and I got dressed. She said she didn't see anything but swelling and fluid and had me wait for the doctor to take a look in case he wanted more images. He did not but said that my doctor may recommend a CAT scan or MRI. Guess now I just wait to find out how my new doctor wants to proceed. Once again I amazed myself with my stamina in walking in and out of the hospital and to everywhere I had to go.



I'll be going in a short while to my follow-up visit with the doctor to find out about the blood test results from a couple days ago. Hopefully nothing will be bad and the medications will be minimal. I'll check back later to let you know how it goes.

[Edit: Back from the doctor visit. The ultrasound showed no abcesses, no blockages, no infection; just swelling and fluid. No CAT scan or MRI required per the doctor. My kidneys and liver are functioning fine. My bad cholesterol is okay. My good cholesterol is low so he said I need to exercise more. Okay ... like I didn't see that one coming! My thyroid is seriously out of whack! Um yeah ... that's one of the reasons I'm here, Doc. ;) So ... back on thyroid meds (no surprise). Blood pressure still pretty high so back on bp meds (not much of a surprise there). And on a water pill for water retention in hopes of getting rid of the fluid in my legs. (That one surprised me for some reason.) Go back in two weeks. In the meantime, continue losing weight and add more exercise.]

4 comments:

Hey Lady said...

Karon~~so glad that your tests and dr. visit went well...did the doc say anything about your weight loss? Maybe your extra exercises will help get your leg back in shape. How is that adorable grandbaby?? Hope Tim is doing better!
Take care!
Sue
PS Great NSV by the way!! I know that HAD to lift your spirits!! Isn't it funny how everyday things for some...are 'day making events' for us??

Karon said...

Thanks, Paul. I think I'm headed for a week of no loss so to have a whoosh would be great if it would happen this week. Probably not until next, but a gal can hope! :)

Sue...Thanks! The doctor didn't say much about my weight loss. The scale at the office only goes up to 350 so no weigh-in there. Also, this is a doctor I've never been to before. I did tell him I've lost 90 lbs in nine months and he said to keep it up. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

Anonymous said...

Karon, what great news !!! I`m happy cause you don`t have serious issues. With the correct medication, dieting and excersising; thinks that you are doing pretty well!!!, in few time you`re going to feel much better, and able to do more and more thinks each single day. I wish the best for you and your family, happy weekend,
your friend
Alejandra.

Karon said...

Thanks, Alejandra. You're so sweet. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too.