CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 28, 2005

Rambling on

Yesterday was a pretty ho-hum kind of day for me. Nothing interesting happened so I opted not to post. And then this morning I discover that one of my friends looks to me for inspiration and encouragement and smiles ... and now I feel like I let her down. Jeanne, I know you will disagree and say I didn't let you down ... but I know I did. I hope you'll keep visiting me anyway. I promise that it won't happen often that I skip a day of posting.

Now ... I did manage to get my 3000 steps in (just barely) yesterday. So far, I'm making my goal of at least 3000 steps per day this week. Only two more days to go and then I'll report how I've done. I think it's really helping that Tim is walking with me now. He helps me to keep pace and push myself. And when the burn starts in my left thigh (the one with the lymph edema) he encourages me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Yesterday, we were about 3/4 of the way back and I said, "I really want to stop for a minute." He paused and then said, "Do you?". My reply was, "Yes, but I'm not going to because I know I can make it. I have before and stopping would mean admitting I can't do what I know I can do." So on I continued. He's so sweet. He would have stopped right there with me, but he knew I wasn't going to stop. He just wanted me to verbalize it.

He really pushed me yesterday, a day when I really didn't want to do anything. He got me to go take that walk. And then I laid down on the floor with my legs elevated on a chair ... supposed to help with my poor circulation and the lymph edema (and I do think the swelling is a little better but not sure if it's the meds, the walking, the elevating, or a combo of all three). My goal is to be down there on the floor for a minimum of 30 minutes. I'd missed the last two days because we'd been so busy so I told Tim as I slowly got down not to let me get up before 30 minutes had passed. Big mistake on my part!

Ten minutes into it, I started to feel a bit queasy. One thing I noticed yesterday that I had not in the past was while I was on my back with my feet up, it felt like all my fat (my thighs, my stomach, my breasts) was pushing upwards toward my neck. I felt queasy and wondered if it was because I wasn't breathing deeply enough. Tried some deep breathing but it didn't help. Okay ... to distract myself I tried to do some crunches. Notice I said, TRIED! Man with all that fat in my middle I could barely get my damn shoulders off the floor! Tim says to me, "Honey when you do crunches you are supposed to sit up." Uh yeah! If I had something to throw he would have gotten it!

Then I got a cramp in one of my butt cheeks. When I yelled and told Tim I had a cramp he advised me butt cheeks don't cramp. Now I know my own damn butt and it was a cramp! ARGH! Would have tossed something else at him if I'd had it.

Now I'm about 20 minutes into the whole laying down experience and I start to complain about wanting to get up. Tim tells me not yet. Ugh! I start to do some pelvic thrusts. That amused me for about ten seconds and then the next butt cramp hit! Ouch! At this point I started to laugh hysterically. Oh man ...

We have a ceiling fan in the living room, where I was on the floor, and above it is a four foot square of mirrors ... very decorative. The whole time I was watching my gyrations in the mirror and the thrusts just did me in. Woo boy ... wipe the tears from my eyes, look at the clock and yee haw! 30 minutes are up. Man ... the sad part is I'll be back at it later today.

Guess I really did have something to share yesterday, huh? Ah well ... maybe I'll be back later today to post about today. Then again, maybe not. Just depends what happens and how I feel.

Enjoy Friday .... the week is nearly over.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karon,

I just got back from vacation and was catching up....Wow I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Why? I am so happy for the progress you've made especially Wednesday when you completed shopping without the electric cart and then went for a walk afterwards. Congratulations on the success!!

Now that vacation is over I am recommitting to the NS program WITH exercise this time. They shipped my order today.

Yeah on the weight lose, too.

Take Care,
Darlene

Karon said...

Hi, Darlene!

Welcome back from your vacation. Sounds like you had a good time. Now back at it and moving the body sounds good. We'll get there ... one step, one meal, one day at a time!

Shorty Montes said...

Karon,

I am sorry but that was WAY FUNNY.

I can imagine it. I know about those but cheek cramps.........LOL They hurt don't they?? Well I haven't blogged either in a couple of days. I need to go and just do it. Will catch up on last couple of days. SO HAPPY for your weight loss so far, and your progress on your walking. I seem to be more energetic also.

Well off to write for my blogg.

Hope to see you there later.

Sherri G

heavenlydm said...

Hi-la-rious!!! roflmbo - oh gosh, Karon that was good. I never knew (apparently Tim doesn't either) that you could cramp in your butt. Karon, the picture you painted was fu-nny! I've successfully cleared all the stale air out of my lungs! :)

Blessings,
Diane

Karon said...

Sherri...Glad you enjoyed the post. That cramp was one of the worst I've ever had. I wasn't laughing then, but I am now. I'll check out your blog again, shortly.

Diane...I'm so glad that I helped you clear your lungs, honey. You made me laugh so hard the hubby wanted to know what was so funny. Big hugs for you!

Anonymous said...

You DID NOT let me down! For heaven's sake, we are all human and sometimes we don't have time...or we just don't feel like it. I know the feeling. In any event, of course I will keep coming here. It was worth the wait! Todays post was hysterical! And by the way, I HAVE had a cramp in my butt cheek!
Jeanne

Karon said...

Hey, Jeannne. Glad it was worth the wait. Sometimes I just get on a roll. Other times I eat the damn thing! hee hee ... I know. I'm bad to the bone. Hugs for you, kiddo!