CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 24, 2005

Guess what I did today?

(For those of you in my e-mail support groups who have seen this already, I'm sorry. It was so big for me I had to share it everywhere today!)

Come on ... take a guess. Do you give up yet? Gosh, too easy to stump some people.

I took the hubby to his doctor appointment and then needed to go to the grocery store. I'm cooking dinner at home tonight, meatloaf, baked carrots, potatoes (for the family ... I can't eat them or the cravings will be horrible tomorrow). I needed fresh ground sirloin (94% fat free) and a few other things, so after the appointment we headed off to the grocery store.

I didn't do my morning walk with Fancy Pants (the dog) because it was really chilly here and drizzling. I wanted to walk because I'm aiming for at least 3000 steps per day so next week I can up it to 3500 and be doing one mile. I was bummed the weather wasn't cooperating.

So we get to the store and on the way in, I made a decision. I decided I don't push myself nearly enough. I grabbed a cart and started walking through the grocery store. It took Tim until I got mid-way down the first aisle to realize that I wasn't in an electric cart. I was walking! I figured I needed to walk, I don't push myself enough, and I only needed a few things so surely I could make it. I'm telling you ... I had a time or two when I wondered if I'd lost my mind. My legs felt very heavy and weak, but I kept going. I bagged the groceries and we headed off to the truck.

When I was finally in the truck and ready to come home, Tim said to me, "Honey, you have made my day! I wondered when you'd at least try to walk through the store again and not only did you try, you did it!" Yes, I did! And damn it felt good!

We got home and I helped him get the groceries inside and then guess what? Come on ... make another guess. We went for a walk. I didn't do my longer quarter mile walk, but I did walk. It added another 700 steps on the pedometer and took us about ten minutes. Woo hoo! I'm gonna be a walking machine in no time.

Have a super day. I sure am!

13 comments:

Shorty Montes said...

SO AWESOME!!!! I am tearing up........LOL Yes if u haven't guessed I am a crier. LOL But I am Proud of you. I went shopping for 2 hrs on Saturday and was sore by time we left
but i made it with out sitting any.

Lots of more stepps today Karon. Good Luck on that.

Sherri G

Karon said...

Thanks, Sherri! I know for a fact there's no way on God's green earth I could do two hours, because that 20 minutes of walking felt like two hours! Congratulations on your progress. Things like this are HUGE NSV moments and I'm proud of you, too. Keep it up and we'll become walking machines together.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You are a walking machine and you are doing a wonderful job! Keep up the great work, you are motivating me to move too! I actually went to the gym this morning!
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Karon - you should be proud and should post this everywhere you want! I would be shouting from the rooftop if I were you! Keep it up!

Karon said...

Jeanne...Thanks. Glad to hear you spent some time at the gym this morning. Good for you. Get that going regular and then work on the food and you'll be just fine!

Michelle...If I could get up on the roof, I probably would be yelling it from there. My neighbors would be calling 911 to get the screaming fat lady down! Onward I go.

Anonymous said...

Karon, you are simply fantastic. Words cannot express how I felt when I read your post. You should definitely be proud of yourself. You did it. You took charge and you did it. You keep up that great work, I already know you will. Congratulations, Linda aka LynndaMaree

Karon said...

Linda...Thanks, sweetie! I know for most that all seems like a bunch of drivel but for me it was HUGE! I am even going to try to do my regular shopping walking next time! I am psyched and believing in myself more and more. Thanks for dropping in.

Paul...Yeah, some days I don't have the energy to do a seperate post so a few of you get duplicated messages. I apologize for that, but it doesn't happen all that often. Even my weigh-in I try to change things up a bit and tell something on topic for each place I post. Thanks for the CONGRATS in triplicate! They mean that much more!

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so proud of you, Karon. Keep up the good work. You'll be running a marathon before you know it:)

Lisa

Karon said...

Hi, Lisa! I don't know about running a marathon but I know I'm going to be walking a mile straight without stopping one of these days soon. I'm definitely NOT stopping and I'll keep everyone posted on the progress for sure!

heavenlydm said...

Karon...I could just grin for days. You're an awesome woman - way to go!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Ah shucks, Diane! I just tell it like it is. Gotta keep going. Hugs!

Hey Lady said...

Karon!! That is just GREAT!! WOW! I bet you felt like a million bucks! Keep up the fantastic work!
Sue

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »