CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Weigh-in for Week 36

With 36 weeks behind me I am so close to having that first 100 pounds gone. It is exciting because when I started I had over 300 lbs I wanted to lose. That number is now nearing the 200 lb mark and what a wonderful feeling of success that brings.

I stepped on the scale this morning expecting to see a gain. I even had my eyes closed because I wasn't sure I could take it if I had to report a gain. I was the only one in the house awake so I had to open one eye to read the scale. Huh? Was that number real? Now both eyes open and I stare intently at the scale. Yep! Same number there ... 439.5. Woo hoo! I wanted so badly to be below 440 this week and I did it! That ugly gray scale monster gave me the sweet taste of victory!

My next mini-goal is to hit that blessed 100 pounds gone mark before Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure if I continue eating, drinking, and moving the way I have that I will be there. Shoot ... maybe I'll even make it before the first of November.

You know ... since I started this journey back in Februray, I have always believed in me. I vowed to myself I was going to lose this weight that has held me down in more ways than one over the last 20 or so years. Dang ... twenty years ago I weighed 230 lbs and I thought I was fat then! LOL If I only knew then ... My determination has never been stronger. I finally took the advice of a dear friend and put myself first and the pay-off is the pounds coming off. I knew in February that I could do this ... the real question was "Would I do it?" I have to say today the resounding answer is "Hell yes, I will!" I will continue until I get to the place that I want to be at and I'll do it for me.

I do have to say I wasn't sure I could get 100 lbs off in a year but I am pleased with myself because I am going to do it in less than a year. Just imagine ... this time next year I could very well be yet another 100 lbs lighter which would put me at 339. The only weight I have any memory of being before now is 230 pounds. Each day that brings me closer is an inspiration to keep going.

Thanks to the old friends who are hanging in here with me. Thanks to the new friends I've made since starting Nutrisystems and become my support network of those who really do understand the struggle of the journey I have embarked upon. You guys and gals keep me going every single day.

Have a great Sunday!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon,

Buried in this magnificent entry is really the key to most everyone's life looking to make some change.

It is something that I learned as a child from my mother, who was really busy teaching us how to use English properly.

The difference between could and would.

There are so many things that we could do, but for whatever reason we choose not to.

I know that in many places of my life, I catch all types of guff about my "preying" on the language of others as they say things. I get called Mr or Captain Specific, or am accused of being pedantic. But this is a perfect example of why I am like this.

Words have specific meanings. By using the proper words, we give proper meaning to things, and from proper meaning we can then act in the ways the align with our words and are then living genuine lives, with genuine results.

Glad to know that you are experiencing the success you are working towards and deserving of.(Yeah, I know proper English would be not ending the phrase with a preposition)

Anonymous said...

You are a real inspiration and I am so happy I have fallen upon your journal. I am floundering right now, knowing I have to do SOMETHING and just not knowing where or how to begin. I don't want to do the Nutri-System route (i am a former Jenny Craig person and I can't handle the expense and the fact that I still have to feed the other 4 people in my family) I need to start exercising but I am having so much trouble with my foot that I can't do what I used to. I am making excuses. I know I am. I just have to figure out how to stop the excuses and start the work. I am at that 230 mark that you were at 20 years ago and I want to stop this insanity now and not have to do twice as much in years to come. Keep up the grat work and keep up the journalling! You are helping more people than you know.
Jeanne

Karon said...

Mr. Wonderful...You know that I've never had a problem with your pointing out semantics or use of the English language. I happen to agree that if one uses the correct words, others have no choice but to know exactly what you are saying. I'm not quite as "specific" as you, but I do agree. Good to have your words added to my mix here.

Jeanne...You do know that I'm doing this mostly without the Nutrisystem foods, don't you? I was only able to afford the first two months of food and then had no choice but to go it on my own. I did the first two months to get used to the program and to get portion control. I have a very dear friend who paid for one month of food for me when I hit my first real plateau. She felt if I went back on the NS foods, I'd be back to losing and she was right. That was in July and I'm slowly using up all the food she sent. I did a week of NS and then a week on my own. I have a few breakfast and lunch meals ... quite a few dinners as my hubby likes to eat dinner out. When those are gone, except for a few things I'm going to order ala carte because I've not found a good sub ... I'll be on my own once again. I just keep plugging away. One can also join the NS website and do their program entirely without the foods. I know quite a few people I've met on the NS bulletin board who are doing this. The principles of the program are pretty basic. I will say what I've always believed and that is this ... Any program will work. It is one's desire, determination, and dedication that make the program a total success. You can do it, too. Let me know if I can ever be any help to you. You can even use the email link on the right if you don't want to talk here. You're a busy woman. You have to make time for you, though, too. It took me two years of a friend telling me that on a regular basis before I listened. This is the best thing I can do for myself. I will definitely continue posting here. This has become one of my lifelines!

Anonymous said...

yeah!!your hard work is paying off. We will defeat the gray scale monster.

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Karon thanks for remember me !!
You are great, congratulation in your lose !!
Alejandra

Bob said...

Karon, I love the attitude I feel coming out of your post. I can just sense your determination. It is contagious. Please keep up the fantastic work.

Bob

Anonymous said...

My Dear Friend! You are the inspiration! Your positive attitude even during times of stress and difficulty shines through! I agree with Bob - it is contagious! I am SO PROUD of you!

Karon said...

Nancy...Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate any and all cheers so please come back often. I know that I'm learning the lessons and will be successful in keep the pounds off when I get to goal.

Darlene...That gray scale monster doesn't stand a chance!

Paul...Thanks for the congratulations. I appreciated the story. I can only say that you all inspire me all the time. With so many friends stopping by and cheering for me how can I not keep going? I cannot. So, onward I go and know that I will get to where I am going as surely as the sun will rise in the East in the morning.

Alejandra...Of course I remember you. I even remember when you first started NS! I'm going to walk the dog in the morning and I'll be thinking of you.

Bob...Thanks so much. I am nothing if I am not determined. One moment, one step, one meal, one day at a time ... I am doing this and will continue to do it!

Michelle...I just do what I have to do. I'm glad to know I am touching lives and inspiring others. Thanks for being here for me!

Rhonda728 said...

Karon,
You are worth taking the time o do something for you, not just with the weight, but you as a person. You have always been a good friend, and support for me, and many others. I am so glad we came across each other, and have found each other again. You inspire me too!!

Karon said...

Thanks, Rhonda! I appreciate your kind words. I'm very glad we managed to come back together again. Keep on working the program. I saw your loss and you're doing GREAT!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

Anonymous said...

What a great site Decks patios driveways tiffin iowa sports relate baby announcement