CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Tired Thursday

I managed to get myself moving with the exercise video this morning but I was tired. Here comes my excuse for not walking today ... I was tired. It was chilly here in IL this morning and I just didn't feel like it. I don't know what is wrong with me. I am determined each night to walk in the morning and then morning comes and I won't go. ARGH! I did make myself vaccuum today though so that added an additional ten minutes of moving for a total of 35 minutes today.

Breakfast was NS scrambled eggs, a vegetable sausage patty (cut into small pieces), 1/2 cup of natural applesauce, and two tortillas (50 calories with 2 grams fat each). Cooked the eggs and sausage and then mixed them together and ate them wrapped in the tortillas. Good stuff for sure!

Lunch was the NS dinner entree Mushroom Risotto, 1 ounce of grilled chicken, and 5 oz low sodium V-8 juice.

Snack was 1 ounce of string cheese and a small apple.

Dinner was 4 oz baked pork chop (tenderized mechanically), 1 1/2 cups Italian green beans, 1/2 small baked potato (I'm going to regret that tomorrow--cravings), and one tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread.

Dessert was two Snackwells Sugar Free Oreo cookies (100 calories for two).

I drank 16 -- 8 ounce glasses of water today so four more than I have been but felt with the pork tonight I needed the extra water to rid my body of the sodium.

That's it for today! Hope everyone who's on the weight loss journey had a successful day. For those of you reading who aren't dieting, I hope you had a nice day. Fall is definitely here in IL. Yippee!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karon! you do so well on program and work in such variety! Don't worry about the 1/2 baked potato - sometimes you just gotta have a little bite of potato! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing better than you were before so give yourself credit for that! Just keep hanging in there! I wish fall was here in Southern NJ. It's muggy as all heck here and it's going to rain for the next 5 days!!!! (YUCK) I finally got the orthodics for my shoes and it looks like I won't be walking (at least not outside!) anytimes soon! I can't wait for the cooler fall weather (and a little sun!) so I can get my dog out for a walk. Make a great day today!
Jeanne

Lisa said...

Karon,
You are doing so well with your eating. Don't worry about the 1/2 baked potato. I have those cravings too and I know if I don't give in then they will just blow way out of proportion. So, eating just a small amount is, I think, the right thing to do when those cravings hit you. I agree with Paul on the walking. Get out the pedometer and just track your steps for awhile. With the cooler weather coming, it will just give you more excuses not to get outside. Keep up the good work you are doing. Talk to you later.

Karon said...

Michelle...The thing about the potato is I've found every time I eat potatoes or white bread (even low cal) I feel like I'm starving the next day! We all know I'm not but it's how I fee. It's a horrible feeling and I end up munching my way through the day ... I eat the good things, but still I eat ALL day. The hubby even notices and comments on what the heck is wrong with me! LOL

Jeanne...Thanks, Jeanne. I do know that I am doing a LOT better than I used to be doing. And my eating is generally on track but I hate when I eat something that I know is gonna cause me a problem. Glad you got the orthodics. I'm sure if we're having fall temperatures and weather it is headed toward you soon. Gosh, it was cold here last night and this morning it's only 47. Dang, I hate to think we're going to move from summer right into winter. Seems we moved from winter to summer. Global warming stinks if this is how it's going to be!

Hope you have a great day!


Paul...Glad you liked my term ... I didn't want anyone to think the meat was tenderized by sitting in a salty marinade ... thus the mechanical term. I dunno, sometimes I'm just goofy!

I saw the link in my email for the increasing steps, but wasn't able to access it at the time. I've saved the link (and good to know it's at the site for future reference) so I can check it out later.


Lisa...Thanks! I also tend to believe if you are having a craving, it's better to give in and have a bite or two and be done (hopefully that will suffice and satiate the craving). Otherwise, letting the craving go tends to eventually send me into a binge and an "I don't care" mode for a day or so.

And yeah ... I come up all kinds of excuses for not doing the walking. I could just smack myself sometimes! I know that walking is good for me. The more I walk, the longer I'll be able to walk and will be able to enjoy going to do more things that involve walking. The mind sure can hold me back sometimes.

How are things with you? Getting your meals balanced? Still working out on the trampoline? I'll stop by your blog to check on you in a few.

Rhonda728 said...

woohoo..looks like you had a great day with your meal plan! You do so well with your own food!! Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

HI, DEAR FRIEND:
I read your posts every day, and let me say Thank you Karon for doing it, when I`m going to fail, I think if she can, I can too!!!
I live in Miami, here is to hot the most of the year, I can`t wait until winter to have a little cold.
Let me give a sugerence, why you don`t try to do your 20 or 30 minutes of walk, after lunch, at this time it`s not to cool, and I think is good to take a walk after meals.
You are doing great, friend, and believe me step by step you`re going to fell better, less weight, more excersise, and more health..!!!!
Thanks
Alejandra.

Karon said...

Rhonda...Thanks, sweetie! I do like using my own food so much better than eating that stuff NS packages. Don't get me wrong, the NS foods tasted okay, but I feel I get a lot less sodium and no preservatives using my own foods. I just keep on and figure as long as the pounds are coming off it's all good!

Alejandra...I had no idea that you read my blog everyday. Thanks! And I'm happy to hear that reading and thinking if I can do so can you keeps you going! That is awesome.

With it getting cooler, I'm thinking a mid-morning walk could be a good thing. I have to be careful not to walk too closely to meals. If I move around too much after eating I just feel gross. I vow that I will start walking outside again first thing in the morning. Since I've made that vow to you, my friend, I will definitely hold myself to it. So when you come back and read my blog tomorrow, you'll find I have walked and dedicated it to you! Thanks for the inspiration.