I woke up at 3:00 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Finally at 4 I got up and went into the kitchen. Turned on the computer but not really in the mood to do much. So I ended up making a strawberry cheesecake danish struedel recipe compliments of Christina at NS. It was extremely yummy and I had that in place of a NS breakfast entree. Stats are supposed to be similar to the Cranberry Granola bar or so I've read.
I tried to go back to bed about 8 but the darn phone kept ringing. I had scheduled for the furnace to be checked out next week because that is when our next check comes but got a call asking could they possibly come today because they were going to be in the area. The gal said the owner would either accept a post-dated check or trust me to mail the payment next week. What a blessing! It's been rather cool here in IL in the mornings and I've been turning on the oven to take the chill off.
My older sister called and asked me to come over and set up her DSL service. She is very computer challenged and though I assured her it would be a 'piece of cake' she wanted me to do it. Just as I'm headed out the door, Mandi's boyfriend (who lives with us) called from school. He doesn't feel well and needs a ride home. Mandi drove today. So off to school to fetch him and then back home to drop him off. Got to my sister's and the data cable from the phone jack to the modem was way too short. Off to Radio Shack for a longer cord. Still not quite as long as she needs but made it work. Got her all set up, including member accounts. Whew!
Back home to find out the furnace guys have come and gone. Furnace was full of dust and grime. They cleaned everything, checked wiring all over the place, checked the thermostat and voila! We now have heat. Thanks, guys!
Hung out for a little bit and then ran to my brother's. Today is his 49th birthday. Dropped off his birthday card and visited for a little while. Then off to the job fair. Oh my goodness! What a poorly planned event that was! Imagine 40 people crammed in a room with only two people to conduct interviews. Eventually three more interviewers showed up. I was thirty minutes early yet still waited almost two hours to do the interview. That went okay, I guess. I'm not thrilled about the job but did put my best foot forward. They'll let me know if I get a second interview in the next two weeks. They're hiring for six positions.
Went out to dinner with Tim, who sat in the bar at the hotel while I was at the job fair. What a honey! I was good and had a sandwich and salad with iced tea. Wanted custard with a payday in it, but resisted.
I think once I get this posted, I'll be heading off to bed. It's been a very long day and I'm dead tired. Have to make sure Tim gets up in the morning to go to his ACT test. He missed it last time and in IL it is required to graduate now. Gosh ... I'm tired!
Friday, October 21, 2005
A Hectic Day and a Blessing
Posted by Karon at 10/21/2005 09:45:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey there Karon,
Somehow I had your other blog site. I dont know how. The Inspiration one. on the other computer I use during the week. I was wondering what happened to u. LOL come to find out u been here everyday this week. Missed u on my blogg but there is a few days there. Glad I found you again. Take care and Have a Great Day!!
Sherri G
I wondered about the comment on the Inspiration page, but just thought you were wondering when I'd update there again. Glad you figured it out! I've been to your blog, but had a problem with my computer yesterday. I think I posted there this morning. Have a GREAT weekend!
Hey Karon! You sure have had a week! I am glad the ultrasound turned out OK. I have been thinking about you. I hope the job fair turns up something - if not this job in particular, it might open the door to something even better! Hang in there kiddo!
Post a Comment