CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wonderful Wednesday

Today was a busy day! My brother came over and removed the storm door for me. The wind caught it the other day, yanking it open and then slamming it shut, shattering the glass. It was dangerous, so we had it removed until we can replace it.

After my brother left, Tim and I went for our mid-day walk. Woo hoo! The pedometer again registered aerobic steps. I am so amazed that is happening now. I've already walked over 4000 steps today. My goal was 3000 daily for this week.

We went into town today to run errands. First stop was the bank. Next we went to the county courthouse to pay some fines. A couple weeks ago, the hubby, our daughter, and I were all caught going down the highway without seatbelts. End result was loss of license for daughter and myself with fines and a fine for the hubby. Now before you all go all hostile on me and tell me how I should always wear my seatbelt, let me say I know that! For the longest time, even with a seatbelt extension, my belt would not fit. It has only been recently that it would and I forget to put the darn thing on. Tim flat out refuses to wear his. Mandi didn't realize the middle person had a seat belt! Poor kid lost her license (but not her driving privileges) and wasn't even driving!

Got that done and then off to a discount store (K's Merchandise). Saw a pair of warm gloves I wanted to get for Mandi there the other day so we went back to get them. While there, we walked around and tried out some sofas and chairs. Left there and headed off for Tim to sign some papers.

Finally we headed on home. I've walked a total of 65 minutes today! I can't believe how good I'm feeling about that.

For those who expressed concern about my post yesterday, I honestly thing the burn was a good thing. It passed a short time later and I wasn't sore today. And while walking today, I made it farther before the burn happened. So ... I think I'm on the right track and I'm going to consult with the doctor next week and go from there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto from me! way to go Karon! keep on walking!

Lisa said...

Good job! Good job! Keep up the fantastic work, Karon:)

Karon said...

Thanks, everyone! I can't believe I'm logging aerobic steps. One of these days I hope I have more aerobic steps than regular. One step at a time!

heavenlydm said...

Karon...click it or ticket! LOL - I hate that. We just got another car, but the one we had this summer had a defective seat belt on the front passenger side. One day we're riding down the street and a motorcycle cop pulled us over. My 20 year old daughter got a $10 ticket for not being buckled up. I never thought we'd get pulled over. All in all, I'm glad for belts - I slammed from behind in the 90's and can't imagine where I'd be or what my body would be like if I weren't belted. Safety, safety, safety. Sorry about the fines. :(

Keep up the good work 6 million dollar woman!

Hey Lady said...

PS...I used to live in Saint Charles, IL...I think it is north of Oakwood...we just moved here to Kentucky. I miss Saint Charles...it is such a beautiful town.

Karon said...

Diane...Yep, the ole "Click it or ticket" got us all. Here in Illinois it's a $55 fine. If we had exactly $165 cash, we would not have had to give up our license but because we did not, we had to post our licenses as bond. We could still drive on the tickets.

You know ... I just feel wearing a seatbelt should be up to each individual. I have a very good friend who lost both his father and brother in a car crash. The friend is a firefighter. It they had not had seat belts on, their lives would likely have been saved. For every good story there is always the other side. I want to decide for myself and I know that sounds selfish but I am not convinced that seatbelts always save lives. Children MUST ALWAYS be buckled but adults should be able to make that choice. It makes no sense ... motorcyclists in Illinois have no helmet laws. How are they any safer that I am inside my truck? ARGH it just ticks me off!

Sue...Glad I am inspiring you. My pedometer is one a friend sent to me. He got it from Amazon.com I believe and it is an Omron ... It logs steps, aerobic steps and minutes, calories burned (though not accurate for me as the highest weight you can enter is 300 and I'm not even close to that yet!), and distance in miles or kilometers.

We lived in St. Charles when we were first married. Loved that area. I miss the city life now that we're in the boonies for sure! I know where Henderson KY is. Go right through there on I 65 on our way to Florida. Also go through Bowling Green so next time I'm on my way down ... I may have to stop and see you then on to GA to see Diane. Woo hoo! I love having new friends all over the country.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! product reviews for lcd tvs Adipex opis ssri lexapro