CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Wrapping up Week 39

It was certainly a week full of NSVs for me. I'm not going to recap them because they are all below and if you haven't been keeping up and want to know what they are ... you can go back and read them for yourself. I know that's not very nice of me but that's my decision for at least two reasons. One ... I already bragged once. Two ... if you read it before, you surely don't want to read it again!

One NSV that I don't remember if I shared with you or not is I've discovered that not only do I have knees under my bulging belly but I also have thighs! That 'AHA' moment came when I was in the bathroom and had my hands resting on them (I know too much info but humor me). I was so excited to feel and see my darn thighs! It's the little things that get me, I guess!

So ... after a week of non-scale victories, I'm not even concerned about my loss this week. Oh, it isn't that it doesn't matter. It does! But I've come to the realization that losing this weight is about so much more than the numbers on the darn scale. It's about feeling good and being excited about living ... both of which had been lacking for me for a very long time.

And now that I've really got your curiosity piqued ... my weigh in this morning reflected a one pound loss. I'm good with it. In 39 weeks I've lost 94 lbs which puts me at the average of 2.41 lbs per week. That is just slightly higher than the recommended average and I'm happy with it. Don't want it to come off too fast because I want it to stay off forever! I'm now only six pounds from my goal of 100 by Thanksgiving. I sure am having to work for those last few pounds of this 100 but why should they be any different than the ones I've already managed to shed? I've been quite pleased with my progress.

My activity level has increased. I am making opportunities to get short walks in during the day and that's helping to boost my overall walking. I met my goal of at least 3000 steps every day this past week. My lowest number of steps in a day was 3008 and the highest was 4492. The total steps registered on my pedometer for the week was 24,041 with the average being 3434. Not bad for this fat lady; not bad at all. The distance my pedometer logged was 6.8 miles total with an average of .97 (so just under one mile) per day. Going to shoot for a minimum of 3500 steps per day with one mile being the distance this week.

Onward and downward I go. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have a good loss so I can make that 100 lbs gone by Thanksgiving a reality. And then I'll share an updated picture for comparison.

I hope everyone enjoys the day! It's beautiful here in IL headed up to 65 with lots of sunshine. The fall foilage is gorgeous and it's great to be alive!

5 comments:

Bob said...

Karon, that is one awesome post. Sounds to me like you had a wonderful week. Like you, I am starting to focus a little more on those NSVs that make you feel so good. You are right that it is important that the number on the scale continue to go down, and that it also is important for you to feel that joy that the NSVs bring. Enjoy them all!

Hey Lady said...

Karon!! WOW...great NSVs!!! I think your trip to the pizza place went well...I am a firm believer in cheating every so often. (Of course I am not setting any records losing weight either) ...And you really didn't go hog ass wild crazy with the pizza!! Plus you fit in the seating and you found your knees and thighs...yay!!! I had a friend that lost a great deal of weight and found her hip bones and thought it was tumors...we had a good laugh over that.
I love reading your blog...You are so funny! Keep up the great work...I am so proud of you and all you have done!Sue in KY

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Karon! Finding your knees and thighs - now that is a great NSV! Keep up the great work! And yes, Paul jinxed it ;)

Karon said...

Bob...Thanks! I'm starting to find the NSVs are so much more rewarding than the numbers on that darn scale. I never let those numbers control my life before (the fat did but not the damn numbers) so why start now?

Sue...Thank you! I figure as long as I don't make it a habit and keep portion sizes under control I can eat just about anything. Usually I keep it NS friendly, but one in a while I just want something different. Evidentally, it isn't hurting things too badly or I wouldn't have lost 94 pounds.

Michelle...Ah well ... you'll be back to updating when you have time. I honestly don't know how you do all you do now. Girl, sometimes reading about one of your days just plain wears me out!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! 2004 mpv mazda tail light Advantages disadvantages voip Forex credit card webmoney Pay by check generic cialis Barramundi fisherman Milfs that love black cock http://www.divorce-form-6.info/Xanax-addiction.html