CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 17, 2005

The doctor visit

Got up this morning and was really worrying about this doctor visit today. I worried what would happen to Tim if I have to surgery. Who would wake him up and see he took his meds and ate? Who would take care of Fancy Pants? What if I couldn't climb into the truck or even drive for a while? Who would do the grocery shopping and run all the mundane errands I take care of every day?

I heard my mom in my head saying I was borrowing trouble and worrying for something that may not even happen. I heard her clear as day. But still I worried.

Took Fancy Pants for our morning walk today though I didn't want to go. I kept thinking about it being cold outside (39 here when I got up). Then I asked myself what the heck is wrong with me! I wouldn't walk a couple weeks ago because it was too hot and now I'm saying it's too cold. Sheesh! There is just no pleasing me.

I took the hubby to the doctor to get his ears flushed out this morning. Seems he had a real reason to not be hearing me! Now he has one ear clear and one that we have to go back for more flushing next week. It was packed full!

We went out for lunch and I had a taco salad from Wendy's. Not a bad choice, in my opinion. Then we went to the park and walked for about twenty minutes. It was a beautiful day and being outside in the sun and breeze was quite enjoyable! After that, we went to my own doctor appointment.

I really liked this doctor. I felt that he listened to me and he took his time with me even though he had a waiting room full of patients. I didn't feel rushed at all. He says that the thing on my leg is lymphedema caused by blood pooling there. He says I have a circulation problem in that leg and need to do more moving. He was glad to hear I'm losing weight and said that should help some to resolve much of the problem on it's own through the diet and moving to keep the blood pumping. (I need an old treadle sewing machine. That would keep my ankles moving and the blood flowing!)

He's sending me for an ultrasound, just in case his diagnosis is wrong. I go for that on Thursday and will hear back from him when he gets the results. He also had a bunch of blood tests run ... CBC, metabolic panel, lipid profile, and TSH for thyroid. I go for the blood tests in the morning and see him again Thursday afternoon. My blood pressure was up a bit (no surprise there) so he may also start me on meds for it.

It's definitely a load off my mind to know that this isn't something life threatening and I won't be needing surgery anytime soon. Whew! Guess my mom was right just like she always was when she was here on this earth.

Once home, I did 20 minutes of my exercise video. All in all, it's been a very good day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second Paul's statement! So glad it wasn't serious. Do you have access to a stationary bike (mine is recumbant so not so much stress on my tailbone and back and knees) or one of those gazelle things? those are both low impact and can help your circulation. I have to admit, I was worried for you that what if it was something extremely serious!

Karon said...

Paul...You counted correctly. I exercised three times today. Who would have thought? And now I just need to keep on moving and get that blood circulating.

Michelle...I don't have access to any kind of bike right now. It's one of my dreams. I'm so very thankful that this isn't as serious as I was worried about it being.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Karon, both, for the medical diagnosis, and for your great job !!! Also I saw your family pics,let me tell you, what beautifull all of you are !! Mandy looks like a model, your oldest one and the baby are so cute and hubby is very handsome, plus you who are a wonderfull person, I think all of you make a great team !!!
Alejandra

Karon said...

Thanks, Alejandra! I like to think I have a great family but it's my family! ;) Mandi thinks she's fat and ugly so I'll be sure to pass on to her that you made the model comment.

heavenlydm said...

Hey Karon!

I'm soooooo glad things went better than you expected. And hey...congratulations on the loss so far and the loss to come! Hopefully the blood pressure thing will take care of itself too (with the weight loss).

It was 53 degrees here(GA)this morning...brrrrrrr! LOL For crying out loud - I had to put a jacket on!

Blessings!
Diane

Karon said...

Hi, Dianne! Thanks for the congrats. It feels great to be getting this weight off, finally. So many people have wanted me to do it over the years but it wasn't until I made a committment to myself that I managed to stick to this program and be successful.

I hear you about the temp. It was 39 here the other morning and I though I was gonna freeze! Brrrr is right!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Jays xxx shemales Manual truck volvo Anti free norton software virus health insurance hospital cash plan 20 Lesbian bdsm torture Free latin pussy teen chrysler imperial concept

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »