You know ... you've had them. One of those blah days when nothing seems to matter. You don't care how you look. You don't care if you eat or not and you certainly don't care if you stick to an eating program to lose weight. You don't care if you take a walk or exercise or even get out of bed. Well ... that's the kind of day I sort of had yesterday.
First, Tim had insomnia and didn't sleep all night. Every time I got up to go to the bathroom (and it was five times because I had water after 7:30 PM the night before ... will I ever learn?) he asked me what time it was. Finally at 4:00 AM I couldn't take it anymore. He kept wanting to chit chat. Why didn't he get up and watch TV or something? Didn't he know I needed my beauty rest?!
At 4:30 he started talking food. He had a craving for something and nothing would make him happy until he got it. So ... at 5 we get up and by 5:15 we are out the door. Now, the closest place to get what he was craving is an hour and a half away! UGH! I don't mind driving, though the cost of gasoline did have me questioning our sanity. Ah heck, you only live once, right? Off we go, arriving at our destination about 7:00.
I wasn't going to eat anything ... trust me ... NOTHING on the menu was NS friendly. The dining room was not open and the food had to be eaten in the truck. But ... I pulled up to the drive thru window and found myself ordering the same thing for me that Tim wants. What in the hell was wrong with me?! I had no desire to even try to fight the urge. I pretty much said, "Ah well ... it's one time and I've been so good for nine months." Damn it! Have I learned nothing in the last nine months? We ate the food and headed back, stopping to run errands in the city near us on the way home.
Let me tell you ... I berated myself over this. I said nothing to Tim but he felt so bad for suggesting this place and then saying nothing when I placed the order. He usually keeps me in line but I don't know that him saying anything would have made a difference.
We get home and since he didn't sleep all night, he went to bed. I rested for about two more hours and then got up. I felt awful. I was physically ill. I had the taste of the horrible food in my mouth. I felt I could smell it seeping out through my skin. I was mad at me and I wanted to just give up and eat all day long. I'm happy to report, I didn't do that. I got right back on track and ate on program for the rest of the day, but the damage was done. I felt crappy all day and into the night. I got up this morning and still feel horrible. How long is it going to take to flush that junk out of my system?
Tim felt so bad last night, especially when he realized I was sick. He feels he let me down. I tried to explain to him that he didn't let me down. I let me down! I was the one who ordered the food. I was the one who ate the food. I was the one who had no self-control. He just said "We're a team and you support me and keep me from eating the things I can't have because of my diabetes. I wasn't a part of your support team and I'm sorry." Poor guy! All is forgiven because there's nothing to forgive.
This morning I'm back on track, though I still don't feel well. I took Fancy for our morning walk. I had NS scrambled eggs with a vegetable sausage patty, an apple, and two slices of whole grain toast (90 calories total in the toast) with ICBINB spread. One meal down and drinking my water. I'm off to do a minimum of 20 minutes with one of my workout videos and hopefully, this horrible feeling will pass.
I've assured Tim, and I'll now assure you all and myself ... that isn't going to happen again for a VERY long time. I don't want to feel like this again. And I have that goal of 100 lbs gone by Thanksgiving to think of. I'm going to get there and keep on going.
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Just One of Those Days
Posted by Karon at 10/13/2005 09:06:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Karon...What you did only shows you're human. We humans tend to make mistakes. Learning from our mistakes is what really matters. You got right back on track which is great. Keep up the good work, and I know you will reach your goal of 100lbs. lost by Thanksgiving! I have no doubts about it.
Big Hugs!
~Darlene in RI
Sorry {{{{{{{{Karon}}}}}}}}}.
So my question is...do you forgive yourself??? It's done. In the past. Over. You can't change it or do it over again. Release it for what it was - you stumbled. What would you do if the situation popped up again? Perhaps next time hubby has a food craving you could probably let him go riding off alone at the crack of dawn...lol. Grace, grace and more grace Karon.
Blessings,
Diane
I think you are wonderful and so strong.
It is so much easier to look for any excuse to cheat -- but instead, you found the strength to follow the plan the very same day. A lot of people (me)would have said, "I'll start again tomorrow" -- of course, that could be why I have failed at all my other diets.
My first shipment of NS is supposed to arrive today. I am very hopeful! You are an inspiration.
Paul...You're right. I did get right back on track. That has never been an issue for me. I definitely will not be repeating this event for a VERY long time! UGH! And you're right ... a follow up post to someone in our group would be kind and reassuring. I'm good! Thanks!
Darlene in RI...at least I know it's you, right?! LOL Thanks for the encouragement. It is important to learn from the mistakes and leave them in the past where they belong. I am going to do just that.
Diane...I absolutley do forgive myself. I realize that the entire episode was due to circumstances at hand. If it comes up again, I will be strong and instead of going through the drive thru I will make the hubby walk through if I have to. Sending him on his own isn't an option, you see. He is disabled and does not drive due to his poor vision. I am his always designated driver. But I can control myself and have the memory of how icky this made me feel to keep that control next time. Thanks for dropping by, sweetie.
gypsy...I don't know that I'm wonderful but I do know for a fact that I am strong. In the past, an event like that would have triggered an entire day of eating whatever the heck I wanted. I have finally learned, through the years of yo-yo dieting, that I don't have to stay out of control like that. I can control those eating binges and not be controlled by food. I can! You can do it too.
Glad your first shipment is expected today. Hope it arrived safely and is all put away. That is a big task all by itself. Get a good night's rest and start fresh in the morning. Give yourself time to learn the program and adjust to it and you'll do just fine. Before you know it, you're going to be telling me all about your victories and how you resisted a particular food challenge. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. And I hope you come back often!
Karon,
Thanks for being so gracious with your response. You're definitely wonderwoman if you'd still take him to eat endure the wonderfully smelly ride home. In any case, it looks like you've got your grip back :o).
Happy Friday!
Diane
Good for you on not letting one meal ruin your entire day. That takes a lot of willpower. I, for one, would have said I'd restart tomorrow, but not you. You did what you knew had to be done. Good job.
Enjoyed a lot! seroquel risperdal zyprexa and diabetes nissan truck seat cover http://www.batteries-9.info solid bench seat cover sheepskin seat covers motorcycle Luxor cabinet Canvas custom fit seat covers leather seat cover e34 Latest prevention medication for headaches 5838906 no patent u.s Create dns entry for internet domain name Levitra care
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. What qualified for homeowners insurance covered roof Lucky chances casino My free check bill pay cell phone ring tones pressure washers reviews detectors radar Mailing list brokers tramadol online Canon fax l300 Hair loss drugs http://www.whirlpool-refrigerator-filter.info Washington on line merchant account Introductory accounting Automated forex forex guide forex forextraderguide.info Low cost individual health insurance search Stop credit card solicitation Mega millions 09 30 03 georgia prince george hotels
Post a Comment