I have to say I've logged quite a few non-scale victories this past week. After much time of not seeming to have any, they have hit full force over the last week. Or am I just paying more attention now? ::shrugging:: I dunno but they can be motivating.
First ... Yesterday I had the granddaughter for several hours. My husband generally gets down in the floor to play with her and I haven't been able to do that. I pick her up and hold her in my lap to play 'patty cake' or 'itsy bitsy spider' or to bounce on grandma's tummy, but I really wanted to get down on the floor on her level to play. Yesterday, I did just that! I had a hard time getting down there, but once there I was able to lay on the floor and play with her for about thirty minutes before my back started to tell me it was time to get up. It was even more difficult to get up, rolling to the end table so I'd have something to use for leverage, but I did it! Woo hoo! I can now play with my granddaughter on the floor!
The next NSV came when we went out to dinner last night. We went to a restaurant we go to quite a bit. One of the servers came over to me and said "Wow! I can really tell now that you've lost a lot of weight!" She is the first person to really notice I've lost weight and she's known from the start I was dieting. It really made me feel good to have someone say they can tell.
On another note, I've been lamenting that I haven't lost more weight when something occurred to me. I never really knew what my starting weight was. I know I had lost some weight in the month it took me to get the money together to order my NS food and then I lost some more when I started drinking more water, marching in place, and watching what I was eating. When my scale arrived, the last number it registered before going to the EEE was 510. So when I started NS, I weighed MORE than 510 pounds but used that as my starting weight. My hubby and I guess I had probably lost close to 20-30 pounds before I got my scale so I probably have lost close to that 100 pound mark I want to get to so very badly. I'm not going to fret about it anymore. I am losing weight and that is all that matters. I am feeling better and moving better and I know I'm going to go all the way no matter how long it takes. All it costs me really is time and I'd just as soon spend the next two-three years losing weight than gaining more!
I'll post later today my meal plans for the day. Thanks for the support of reading my thoughts every day. It means a LOT to me!
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Non-Scale Victories this week
Posted by Karon at 10/01/2005 10:42:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
yea on the NSVs! especially being able to play with your grand daughter.
NSV commercial
video to do 25 minutes of exercise - $20
Dinner out so waitress notices weight loss - $50
Playing on floor with grand daughter -- priceless!
have a great evening!
Darlene
Thanks, Darlene! You're the best.
go Karon go! I am so happy for all of your NSVs! You keep up the great work and stop fretting - it will come off!
Paul...I think I'm going to be knocking on the door to 439 in the morning. Things are finally falling into place!
Michelle...Of course it's going to come off! I'm not giving this fat any other choice!
Thanks to the both of you for your constant encouragement. It means so much to me.
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! italy projectors
Best regards from NY! camping cambrils Blocker firefox mozilla pop up Iresults.php qq quick cash vermont health insurance Levitra and flomax
Post a Comment