I just want to take the time today to say that I am indeed blessed! I have made many friends along this journey. Some come here to my blog on a daily basis to check in. Some pop in once or twice a week. Some email me and remain 'behind the scenes'. But I want to say I am thankful for each and every one of them.
Part of my purpose in starting this blog was to be able to reach more people. I had no idea if I would motivate or inspire anyone ... and honestly, I don't know that I thought about it at all or even cared. But I can tell you today that I do care. When someone pops in and tells me that reading my rambles or success has inspired them, I am proud. I am proud that I embarked upon this life changing journey. I am proud of how far I've come. And I know (there's that determination) that I am going to get where I'm going!
But back to the blessings ... A few months ago, I hit a stall in my weight loss. I had to stop my autoship and go on my own due to finances. A person I really didn't know very well sent me an entire month plus the one week of NS foods. She wanted nothing in return. She felt led to do it, so she just did it. I am so very thankful. Because of her generosity, I broke through that plateau and moved onward. This same person sent me a huge box of clothes. I'm not in them yet, but one day I will be. I do have an outfit picked out for Christmas. Don't know if it's going to fit, but when it does ... she'll be getting a photo of me!
I met another who sent me walking cassette tapes. I've lost touch with her. She quit doing NS and never responded to my emails. But I think of her often and how grateful I am that she sent me those tapes. I received the first two NS bears from a friend I made when I started NS. I've received a couple books and a lot of support, encouragement, and inspiration, as well as a few friendships I know will last beyond the span of my weight loss.
The current round of blessings and generosity occurred today. I was expecting a shipment from NS of my last earned six bears so the knock on the door did not surprise me. What did surprise me was that the package was not my bears but a brand new pedometer! Wow! It was a total surprise. I say here, in my public place, thank you my friend! Know that it will be used daily and is appreciated so much. This same wonderful person also sent me a workout tape that is also going to come in quite handy!
Lastly, I am expecting a winter coat to arrive sometime this week. A wonderful person read how I said last spring my coat was going to be huge on me this winter so she is sending me a coat she no longer can wear.
I am just in awe of the generosity of everyone. I only hope that my words, my thoughts, my enthusiam ... helps others in a similar manner. It makes it all worth it!
Have a GREAT week, everyone!
Monday, October 10, 2005
I am Blessed
Posted by Karon at 10/10/2005 08:57:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Everything you said in this post is why I like you so much! You are doing so good moving that body!! Keep up the great work!
Rhonda
Rhonda...Thanks, honey! I have to keep moving because it's the only way to get to where I want to be. One step at a time!
Paul...Gosh, an Oprah connection! I don't know about telling my story. Maybe one day when I get to goal. Who knows? We really never do know all the people whose lives we touch.
Well, I just had to let you know that you are taking your journey full circle because you have really helped me today, in this moment. I had a very stressful morning. I just learned that DD14 has to have surgery on her knee....on FRIDAY! Needless to say, I am in total stress mode. I did stop at Wendy's with DD14 and the 4 year old I am babysitting today and I had the grilled chicken sandwich and a SMALL fries. Now I am home, tense and nervous and ready to sit down in front of the TV with something sweet! But, I have read the comment you left in my journal this morning and you are right. I need to find something ELSE to do for the next half hour before I start collecting my kids. SO...I am off now, to watch TV and to do my crocheting at the same time, so I can keep my fingers moving and then they will be too busy to carry food to my mouth! (LOL) Thanks for your words of wisdom today!
Jeanne
Jeanne...I will definitely be praying all goes well with the surgery ... on Friday! Wow! That is fast, and no wonder you are in a bit of a tizzy. You did good at Wendy's. I had the taco salad from there for lunch yesterday and it was very good. I enjoy that from Wendy's. French fries cause me to feel like I'm starving the next day so I don't eat those anymore.
Great job on finding something to do other than eat. I'm proud of you. I knew you could do it, honey. One day at a time and you will get to where you want to be. I believe in you!
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Corovan moving company Austin hm200 healthmate jr hepa air purifier impotence Disability insurance for homeowners cheap butalbital How is cholesterol made affiliate programs 1920-30 sport propecia loss Cheap hitachi flat panel monitor New kid toy circle of life diamond pendant levitra Ball field chairs http://www.reverse-mortgages-2.info cindy crawford &aposs skin care line Laser printer fax scanner
Post a Comment