THE WEIGH-IN
With some trepidation, I stepped on the scale this morning. I had one day this past week that I messed up and ate food that would not be acceptable on any diet program. I paid for it for the rest of that day (the incident occurred at breakfast) and into the next. Man did I ever feel sick! I will not be repeating that behavior anytime soon, I assure you. So ... back to the scale. I step on and find I am down one more pound this week. That means thus far in October I've rid my body of 4.5 pounds. That leaves me with 3.5 more to go to achieve my goal for October of eight pounds gone and only 8.5 pounds to get rid of to make my Thanksgiving goal of having my first 100 pounds gone. I have the goal in my sights and I'm closing in! Onward I go!
I walked for a total of 60 minutes last week, which was my goal. My walking goal for this week is to continue that walk and try to add at least 15 minutes more. I did 75 minutes total of working out with my videos. I will increase that to a minimum of 90 minutes this week.
Started wearing the pedometer this week. My steps are a long way from impressive, but they did give me something to build upon and I know that any steps I take every day is an improvement over the number of steps I was taking nine months ago.
PEDOMETER REVIEW
Monday 1702 steps--.48 mile
Tuesday 2650 steps--.75 mile
Wednesday (walked from my home to my truck and rode an hour and a half and upon arrival the pedometer said I had walked 210 steps. No way so I took it off and didn't put it back on until the next day.
Thursday 2792 steps--.79 mile
Friday 2586 steps--.73 mile
Saturday--forgot to grab and put in pocket.
Total steps for four days--9730 steps and 2.75 miles.
Average for four days is 2432.5 steps which translates to .6875 mile of walking per day.
I hope to increas that walking to about 3500 steps per day which would be approx one mile if my math hasn't failed me. Those of you who know me know that math is NOT my strong suit! So, okay ... I have my goals for the week.
GOALS FOR THE COMING WEEK
*Eat the foods I am allowed.
*Walk a minimum of 75 minutes.
*Exercise to the videos a minimum of 90 minutes.
*Increase daily steps registered on the pedometer to 3500 which should put me right about a mile.
*Smile every day because it's a new day and I can start over all over again.
*Forgive myself for any slips and keep on going.
Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Weigh-in for Week 37 and Goals
Posted by Karon at 10/16/2005 08:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Congratulations on your loss for the week! You'll be at your goal for October easily and that 100 lb. loss will be there faster then you can say Nutrisystem too. You're doing so well. Keep up the good work!
HI Karon!!
Good job on forgiving yourself for your slip and gettin back in there. And YEA!!!!!! for your pound lost! You are on your way!!
As for not checking pockets, haven't done the crayon yet, but have washed lipstick and tinted chapstick. Not fun! lol
Your goals for next week are absolutly do-able!!!
You are doing Fantastic!!
Jodi
Lisa...Thanks! I do think that both of my goals are attainable. It's a day by day process but I'm pleased with it thus far.
Jodi...I learned a while back that I'm only human. Who knew? ;) I am always as happy with a pound as I am with three pounds. I know that they all add up and and any movement downward on the scale is progress. I am definitely a work in progress!
I haven't washed a crayon but I have washed other things ... eye shadow and grease pencils make NASTY stains! Thanks for your comments.
woohooKaron! Another pound! I am so happy for you! I just wanted to check in - I am drowning in work and drama at the moment but I will try to be at the chat tomorrow!
Paul...Thanks! That 100 pounds don't stand a chance! LOL
Michelle...Thanks for stopping by. I've been checking your blog thinking the saga has to have continued. I know you'll post more for those of us who are nosey ... like me! I look forward to talking with you tomorrow at chat.
I just posted an update! Long and rambling, but boy what a week! Can't wait to chat tomorrow!
Congratulations, Karon. I have no doubt you will hit that 100 pound mark by Thanksgiving.
Thanks, Bob! How can I fail with inspiration like yourself? ;)
Post a Comment