Yesterday is behind me, where it belongs. Today was a pretty good day. I managed to stick to my program and for those who have been following my daily food log, I'll try to motivate myself to get back to posting it tomorrow. Tonight, the vision is a little fuzzy and when I finish here I may be heading off to La-La Land! (I am definitely headed toward granny glasses and I mean soon ... bi-focals.)
I moved the body with Richard today for 25 minutes. I said I was going to get back to walking this week and have not done so. In the morning, I am going to make myself leash up Fancy Pants and off we will go on our old route. I give myself the rest of this week to do that route and then starting Monday of next week, I'm going to add to it. I have to make myself do this. I don't find any joy in walking right now, other than I can actually walk and not feel like I'm going to die with the next step. I think if I wasn't walking by myself or I actually made sure it was a part of my daily routine, it would be easier. But again, I'm learning that I really only have myself to rely on. No way will Tim get up early (6 AM is my usual time) to go walking with me! And I wouldn't want him to. If he doesn't get all his beauty rest his mood is just UGLY!
I heard from a couple old friends today out of the blue. That was nice and it was a nice reassurance after the last few days. I don't know why I let what others say influence how I feel about myself when I know what was said to me wasn't true about who I am. I also continued to build a new friendship (thanks for the phone call, Nellie ... if you're reading here) and that feels GREAT!
One meal, one step, one day at a time ... I continue Onward and Downward just like my friend Eva!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Not a bad day
Posted by Karon at 10/05/2005 10:16:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Keep up the great work Karon! You hang in there! I understand about the glasses. I can't see close up anymore. My arms are no longer long enough to hold things out far enough so i can read them, and I can't read the print on the sides of medications and stuff any more. It started right around my 46th birthday. Getting old is a pain.
Hi Karon! You know, you can do this. I know you can too! I really need to start walking too. I am going to clean off my treadmill today, get out the ipod..and walk!! I am doing well on plan, just need to get more water in.
For breakfast, I had the scrambled eggs with mushrooms and peppers, two slices of toast (lite wheat-low carb) and a kiwi..and a tall glass of water.
Going to go clean off my treadmill. Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Hi, Michelle! Yep, the whole my arms aren't long enough has creeped up on me, too. I end up pushing my glasses up on top of my head and bringing the package close to be able to read it. Now I am realizing why I don't enjoy reading as much as I used to. Getting old certainly is a pin, in more ways than one! LOL
Hi, Rhonda! Thanks for stopping by sweetie. I've thought of you often over the last few months. Glad we 'found each other again'. Your breakfast sounds so good, I may be mirroring it a bit. I've not had eggs lately so yeah ... it's a bit a cool here in IL this morning (54 degrees) and a hot breakfast sounds good.
Ah heck! Who needs the treadmill? Go walk outside and enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells. Fall is definitely in the air here! Woo hoo! It's about time. I was giving up on it showing up and trying to not dread the onset of winter.
Have a super day and come back when you can!
Getting reconnected with old friends is such a joy....I went to my 30th HS reunion and met some people I hadn't seen since then but now email.
Keep up the great progress. It may be a little selfish on my part but your attitude really helps me to push on. I exercised last night (twice this week). A little sore but not a killer. My plan is Friday and Sunday to make four times.
Thanks for sharing your Journey. I know you will continue to be successful.
As for 6 am wake ups...when my kids were little they called me "Morning Bear" so I'm like your DH however, my mood is probably a lot more UGLY!!
Take Care,
Darlene
Hey Karon,
I'd like to return to you what you "sow" into others every day, multiple times a day.
1) You are sooooo awesome! With or without weight loss you are a beautiful person.
2) I see you pouring your heart out in emails of encouragement to others and am stunned by the amount of attention and genuine concern you have for them. It's nice to see an attractive person, but it's striking to see a beautiful heart, and you have one. Thanks for all your notes to the support group and being available to everyone. Only in heaven will you be able to see the arenas filled with the people whose lives you have touched directly and indirectly.
3) Sorry hubby doesn't get it. I know it hurt. I'm praying you'll get a breakthrough there and the folks around you will be able to see you're a real person with feelings who needs love and encouragement - just like they do. I'm praying they begin to show their appreciation. You deserve it.
4) Your weight loss journey is remarkable. I can't imagine the fatigue you fight - physical and mental - but I see that you've fought and one almost every challenge in the past. I know you'll come out on top again.
I really appreciate you.
Blessings,
Diane
Hi, Darlene!
I'm glad you are able to find something that helps you to push on. Super job on exercising twice this week and I know you'll get it done on Friday and Sunday as well. You can do it, and I'm proud of you for the progress you're making as well. Big hugs!
Ah, Diane ... how sweet you are!
You know, I do genuinely care about the people in both email support groups I belong to. I hope that each person will have a successful journey and if I am able to motivate, encourage, or inspire just one ... then all the effort I put into the groups and this blog will be worth it.
Thanks for stopping in. I appreciate the support!
Excellent, love it! chevrolet bulk email Saab j 29 handbag jelly kelly Totes for school Propecia men hair patagonia primo jacket Article+article+currency+forex+trading Butt cellulite exercise lipitor about fioricet lesbians otr tires Poker+advice Both propecia rogaine Payday loan over 500 dollars
Post a Comment