Gosh, what a difference a day makes. I am glad I figured out that I was consuming too many calories. Now I can take care of that little issue and have gotten back on track today. I was going to shoot for 1500 calories but think I'll go for 1800 per day for the rest of the week and see what happens. I don't want to do too drastic a cut. If all goes well, I can either stay with 1800 for another week or cut back to 1500. I want to play with it a little and see where it goes.
Today has been a busy day for us. Tim had a doctor appointment this morning. Went to that and expressed concerns about chest pain Tim is still having. The doctor does not think it's Tim's heart as he had a quite extensive cardiac work-up in August that showed nothing other than cardiomyopathy for which there is little treatment other that what is already being done.
Tim explained his tremors are getting worse. They really are and some days they are so bad he can barely use his hands, even to feed himself. The doctor referred him to a neurologist (Tim has been to before but we'll start that all up again) and we'll see where that takes us.
The last concern Tim had was a feeling of having concrete on his feet. The doctor told him this is mainly due to the extensive neuropathy in his feet and legs. He goes for a Doppler study on them on Thursday, though, to check to be sure there is adequate blood flow through his veins to his feet and legs.
The doctor felt Tim is progressing well with control of his blood glucose levels. His blood pressure was also very good. He goes back in February for another follow-up. He also filled out paperwork so that we can get a handicapped parking tag for the car. Tim gets very short of breath when he has to walk far and he won't let me drop him at the door. He says if I'm going to walk, then so will he. Have I mentioned how stubborn Tim can be?
We left there and went to the bank. After that it was back to the car dealership to drop off more paperwork. I can't believe they still don't have this all completed. ::sigh:: Lunch out was next on the list. We went to a fast food Italian restaurant called Fazoli's. I had the child size portion of ravioli (which is four squares) with meat sauce (300 calories), 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli with 2 tbsp parmesan (protein serving), and one bread stick (extra carb because I was weak). I went to their online site to get nutrition info and entered it into my fitday.com account. Now the info is available at my fingertips if I have that again. This puts me in a good caloric range with enough calories left for dinner. I've been pretty pleased with myself.
Next stop was an insurance meeting to figure out how the new Medicare Part D prescription drug plan is going to affect Tim and our finances. Got some info that will actually save us the premium payment so we'll check into that more tomorrow.
Quick trip to the DMV to drop off paperwork for the handicapped placard. They don't have them there but faxed the info to the state and advised the placard will come via mail to our home in about 7-10 days. Cool!
It's been a very good day. I feel that I am back in control of what goes into my mouth. At least I'm much more aware of it. Stepwise, I'm doing pretty well also. This is going to all add up to a lower number on the scale Sunday. I just know it!
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Back on Track
Posted by Karon at 12/06/2005 04:06:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my dear friend! You sure do have full and busy days! I am glad you are back to your cheerful self. On the other hand, everyone is entitled to a down day once in a while! Hang in there and remember just one meal and one day at a time! You will do it!
Michelle...It sure seems like I had a big string of down days in there. I'm not sorry to replace those with good days. I think it helps when we have things to do. Not only does it get me out of the house but I get a sense of accomplishment when we get things done. I definitely am approaching things one meal and one day at a time. Back on track with the only way to go being forward. Thanks for hanging in with me during my dark days!
Paul...Yeah, I think we're keeping the doctors in town in business. LOL I'm sure both of us are going to be just fine. Thanks for the well wishes, though. One can never have too many of those.
Medicare Part D is indeed confusing. And then they start talking about deadlines, penalties, not being able to change plans until November if you don't do it by May 15 ... uh huh ... a lot to wade through and figure out. Thanks for that link. It reinforced what we heard today. The Medicare HMO Tim is currently on is a locally administerd plan and the coverage for medications looks like it's going to be good. All of his meds will be covered according to the program formularly. All we need to do is complete and return the paperwork. The best thing that happened at the meeting today, though, was we found out about a state program based upon income that will pay the additional $42.63 so there will be no increase in his health insurance premiums. That's very good news for us!
Wow - child size portion - I sure would not have thought of that! Smart move!
Hope all the medical situations are resolved soon! Hang in there!
Well, with all that activity you'll be in good shape for the pedometer challenge this week. You're a busy woman. I know insurance issues are so confusing so I'm not the one handling that right now. I'm glad to see you thought out your food choices at Fazoli's. Their breadsticks are hard to pass up (but you already know I have an issue with garlic bread, lol). Congrats on a good day!
Karon,
So glad things are going good for you. Hope things work out for Tim woth all of his appts. Now that you are back on track you can start hat scale on the downward trend, right??
I finally stopped by, sorry it has been a while.
God Bless To the 2 of U.
Sherri G
Suzi...I do the child size portions quite a bit when we eat out. It's a good way to cut calories and have better control over portion size. So far no one has had a problem with it.
Valerie...I do think I'll be okay on the challenge this week. So far, so good. Tim loves Fazoli's so I had to find a good alternative. I love that they now have the broccoli that can be added to any meal for just a dollar. I used to love their breadsticks but I am okay with eating just one. A lot of the time, I don't even eat that one, I give it to Tim. Sometimes they are not very fresh and then it's easy to just leave it on the tray.
Sherri...I will definitely be getting the scale moving downward again. Thanks for stopping by. Missed you!
Post a Comment