Today has been a day of pain for me. Yesterday I guess I twisted wrong and I hurt my lower back on one side. It hurt all day yesterday and was a bit worse today. I have alternated between ibuprofen and acetaminophen all day. Neither has seemed to help much. I figure it's going to take a few days to heal I just have to suck it up and keep going.
Foodwise, I think I had a pretty good day. Today's my first day of putting it all out here for you all to see. Yes, I will admit from the start that I eat out most of the time. Life has been like that from almost the moment I married. It started because Tim didn't like the idea of me working all day only to come home, cook, and then have to clean up the kitchen. I grew up in a home where eating out was a treat and a rare occurrence so he didn't have to twist my arm too far to get me to agree. That said, the poor food choices and super-sized portions I was eating were a huge contribution to the pounds I packed on steadily over the last twenty years.
The good news is, I've been eating out almost since I started NS and still managed to shed 105 pounds to date, so I must be now making better food choices. In fact, I know that I am. Better choices, healthier choices, and portion control. I am living proof that one can eat out and still lose weight contrary to what many studies want us to believe.
I'm not doing so well with my pedometer challenge this week. I think I am a little overwhelmed by the number of steps I'm aiming for. I think it's setting myself up for failure right now. Add the back injury to that and I have a pretty darn good excuse (and yes, I realize that is what it is) for not walking as much as I should. I'll try to get back at it, but you know ... lately my philosophy has been to tackle one problem at a time. I was stalled in the pounds coming off and have adjusted for that. I know I'd lose more pounds if I exercised more but if I can't motivate myself to do it, it isn't likely to get done. So I'll trudge on, doing the best I can for now, not pushing too much in the exercise area and hope that the scale continues to move downward for me. One step, one meal, one day at a time I will continue forward.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Just another Monday
Posted by Karon at 12/12/2005 07:41:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks, Paul! The back is a little better today but still hurts. I will give it a rest but did do a little dancing around to 'Feliz Navidad' on the radio when I got up this morning. Yes, it was quite a sight. Thankfully, I was the only one up!
Take care of that back Karon! A little rest now will help so that you don't find yourself out of commission for even longer. And I tll sing and dance to holiday music when nobody is looking - I am in my office doing it right now....! One of life's simple pleasures!
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Hairy thai girls volvo auto cover discount parts C channel washers T shirt bags plastic+asi Online gtc payment air force picture of oral levaquin
Post a Comment