It has turned off downright cold here in Illinois. Last night with the wind chill, it felt like single digit temperatures. Brrrrr! I don't do well with the cold. It makes my knees ache and I get what I call the 'heebie-jeebies' in my lower legs. The doctors call it 'restless leg syndrome'. Whatever ... it is very bothersome and sometimes downright painful. I feel like bugs are crawling all over and the muscles jump. It's pretty darn bad tonight!
Had the baby all day today. She's cute but my goodness she is a handful! She was into anything and everything. She would go toward something and when told "no-no" she would stop, grin, and continue on. A lot of up and down today and even a few extra steps on my pedometer! Guess having her today was good for something.
Where did the month of November go? Gosh the year seems to be moving along at a good clip. I'm definitely not ready for Christmas. And then my birthday and the new year! I still can't believe I've shed 100 pounds this year. Here's hoping I get rid of 100 more in 2006.
Starting to think of resolutions for the new year. I don't really believe in making resolutions, but do want to come up with some realistic goals for myself. I mentioned I joined the pedometer challenge with the NS100 group this past week. Target steps per day are 2083-2085. I'm proud to say I've hit that every day since making the committment! I'll report the numbers in my Sunday blog post, but I'm happy to be participating and encouraged that I am making progress.
Enjoy the weekend!


5 comments:
Last night my son and I were talking about our ideal place to live. The availability of a walker-friendly community was a prime consideration for both of us! Where I live now, taking a walk is taking a big risk - not a very safe area by any means. Also the weather works against us - I shouldn't be a big whiner but I don't want to walk when it's cold wet snowy icy, I need something more pleasant!
Hey Karon! Congratulations on the pedometer challenge! I will be joining the challenge too, thanks to a very dear friend!
Keep up the great work!
I'm so glad the challenge is working out for you, Karon. I just knew you would do well. Doesn't it feel great to know you made a 10% improvement in your steps for the week? I'm even taking the stairs more at work. All these little things will add up for both of us, I just know it!
Suzi...Girl, I hear you about the cold wet winter; bah! We lived in Florida for a couple years and there I complained about the heat. I think I'm just too lazy to get walking. I'm really trying to change the attitude about it though. Good luck figuring out a pleasant place to live.
Michelle...Woo hoo! Glad to hear you'll be joining as well. I look forward to it.
Valerie...It does feel good, Valerie. Every day I find myself checking the pedometer and doing a quick calculation to see where I'm at. I know my steps aren't a lot, right now, but that will improve with time and committment. Thanks!
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! 20th furniture shop los angeles Suzuki burgman scooters Chico nissan honda 401k loans internet blackjack Top 10 webhosts Bone infection cellulitis By levitra price Address to send in auto ins payment Discount free bontril shipping payday loan online Paco die dampfmaschine des totes cover Backpacks slings Seroquel and parkinson's Democracy in latin america
Post a Comment