Got the call this morning that my car is ready. Well darn, they had it for almost a week. According to the service manager, there was a problem with one of the fuel injectors. That was what he said when Tim talked to him a couple days ago. Today, on the phone, he told me there was carbon built up on one of the fuel injectors and that may have been the problem. According to them, there is nothing wrong with the car and it functioning properly. Uh huh ...
I was skeptical when I got back the work order and it showed virtually no work done on my car. It showed my comments about the 'check engine' light coming on. Then it showed they tried to 'reproduce the circumstances' with no success. The next comment was the vehicle is functioning properly. Uh huh ...
So we get in the car and start it and it seemed okay. Drove about fifteen minutes and turned the car off. Ran an errand and when we returned, the car seemed to start funny and for a few seconds the idle seemed wrong. Then it righted itself and seemed fine. Off and on all day the car has seemed not quite right.
I'm angry that it seems the problem has not been fixed. What I really want to do is drive the darn car through the windows of the show room and tell them just where they can stick it! That would only get me arrested with a huge bill to pay for damage as well as a car that would really be messed up. But it would make me feel damn good!
I'll give it a few days and see what happens. If it continues to be a problem, I'll take it to another dealer that I have more confidence in the service department at. I would have done that in the first place but it was about 45 minutes away when the check engine light came on and the dealship we purchased the car from was less than five minutes away. I really hate this and am very aggravated by it!
On top of it all my sister told me today that she heard the dealership we purchased our car from is in danger of going under due to financial difficulties. Wonderful!!!
Gotta love the twists and turns of life, huh?
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Cars!
Posted by Karon at 12/29/2005 05:05:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
"Gotta love the twists and turns of life, huh?"
That's why we keep getting up in the morning, isn't it? To see what the new day will give us.
I hope that you find satisfaction with your car...that is irratating! I hate poor customer service...it was my biggest pet peeve!
I had a Mustang that kept dying on me and running rough and the dealership told me that it had carbon buildup too. Nothing they did fixed it. I was to the point of trading it in on something different when a friend of my husband's told us that it might be the EGR valve rather then the fuel injectors that was being covered with carbon. Once we got that piece fixed, the car ran fine. You might mention this to the service department if you take it back in. Granted, our Mustang was a 1988 so that part might not even be on a new car now, but it would't hurt to ask about it.
Sue...Yep, the twists and turn do seem to keep us going!
There is just no excuse for poor customer service and that has been a peeve of mine, too. I know it's rough, I worked in customer service in a call center for Cingular Wireless and boy can it be rough! But I know I was never rude to a customer and if I didn't have an answer (we did tech support, activating phones, taking payments, bill research, consultations about calling plans, etc ... talk about cross-training) I'd tell the customer I needed to research it and would call them back with the answer. It doesn't take a lot to go above and beyond the call of duty and I'm happy to say I never ever had a customer complaint in the two years I worked for them.
Lisa...As far as I know cars do still have an EGR valve. I know we had to replace that same part on my daughter's Neon this past summmer. That car didn't run for anything. Took it to a diagnostic center where they told us what the problem was. It was going to cost her a lot to fix but the part wasn't expensive at all. We have a friend who knew how to replace and he did and her car has been fine ever since.
We're going to run a can or two of fuel injector cleaner through it and see if it helps. My thing is this car is a 2005 with less than 30,000 miles on it. Why would carbon build up in the first place? Ah well ... we'll keep on top of it. Have to, it's the only car we have!
Paul...I would have taken it to another dealer in the first place but we live in the boonies where there's one dealership of each major model car. The next city with dealerships is about 30 minutes away ... doesn't sound like much when you're from the city but that's about 40 miles here in the country and if you get stranded between point A and B you're pretty much up a creek. Gosh but I miss living near a major city. Loved living in the suburbs of Chicago and miss them so much sometimes! Don't miss the traffic but miss the conveniences that were there.
Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear about your car troubles. It seems there's been a lot of that going around between Paul, you and me. Hopefully I'll have no more car woes after tomorrow. I hope yours gets fixed soon. I wonder how many times they test drove yours to see what was happening? If they just tried once, it might have been ok when they tried it. But you'd think they'd do more given the length of time they kept it.
Happy belated birthday! I hate dealing with car issues - period. I always pray to deal with people of integrity before going for any repair...the dealers/garages don't know Who they're up against when they try the funny stuff. It's worked so far.
Karon, I hope you and your family have a happy, healthy, prosperous new year - with a dependable vehicle. :)
Thanks, Valerie and Diane. Hopefully all will go well and we won't have anymore problems with the car.
Best regards from NY! » »
Post a Comment