CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Special Day



I woke up this morning and was in the bathroom when I heard it. My dear sweet hubby roused himself enough to sing "Happy Birthday" to me. He finished and went back to sleep but at least he was the first to wish me a happy birthday. And it has been just that.

Tim and I went out to McDonald's for lunch. We had errands to run and he was hungry. I'd had my morning snack and it was nearing lunchtime so I agreed to go to McDonald's with him. I had the grilled chicken bacon ranch salad that my friend Paul is always talking about. He doesn't use salad dressing for his, but I did. I used the Newman's Own light balsalmic venaigrette dressing ... 45 calories ... and found it to be surprisingly good. The entire lunch was only 245 calories! Thanks to Paul for talking about that salad so doggone much. I think I'm gonna be hooked on it for a while.

Later we went to see the movie "Fun with Dick and Jane". It was cute and we had a few laughs. My other choice was "Cheaper by the Dozen 2" because I LOVE Steve Martin and really enjoyed the last one but we decided to see Dick and Jane instead. I did indulge myself and have a small popcorn and a diet soda. I had no butter or salt on the popcorn but did add two shakes of some seasoning they had near the popcorn stand. The label showed it added two calories so I said what the heck and gave a couple shakes. I used the cheddar and the white cheddar ones. It was pretty yummy. The soda was my one soda I allowed myself for the day.

Afterwards, we went out to dinner at a family restaurant. I had orange chicken (very little sauce on it more like a terriyaki juice than sauce) with stir-fry veggies (no oil, please) served on a bed of rice pilaf (which I only ate a little bit of). The one thing I did allow myself, because it's my birthday, is a small slice of french silk pie. I didn't even eat all of it because I knew my tummy would protest if I did. I had two glasses of water with dinner and will finish glasses 13-16 in a little bit here.

6 comments:

Hey Lady said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARON!!!! I sure hope you had a great day.
Sounds like your food choices were good. Bob and I went to see Dick and Jane ... it was kinda cute...reminded me of the Enron fiasco.
How's the weather in IL??? I talked to a friend today in St. Charles...and got terribly homesick!
I'll check in on you tomorrow!! You are doing great!

Karon said...

Sue...Thanks so much! I did have a great day. I think the whole premise of "Fun with Dick and Jane" was based on the ENRON fiasco. They even poked fun at it in the very end of the movie.

Weather here has been strange. We had thunderstorms with lightning yesterday and went up to mid 50s in temperature. Supposed to be in the mid 40s up to the weekend. Sure wish we were closer to spring but know that the winter hasn't really even started here yet!

Paul...That's what I get for taking someone else's word (on a website) about calories instead of going to McDonald's and checking it out for myself. Now I know and it still didn't hurt my calories for the day as they also had the dressing I used wrong but too many calories. Sheesh! You'd think they'd check their facts before they allow misinformation to be used like that. Pretty much why I usually check up on things and enter my own stats and keep a favorites list so I can use the same stats next time. Updated my info for that one. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was indeed a good day. And I really did enjoy the salad. The orange chicken was very good. French Silk pie is a sinfully rich and heavenly divine chocolate cream pie topped with whipped topping and shavings of milk chocolate. It is out of this world yummy but definitely not on the NS program in any shape or form! It was great and I'll not indulge in any again until my birthday next year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my friend! Sounds like you had a lovely day and did very well on plan. You are allowed a small indulgance on your birthday. One small slice is totally acceptable. It is when we don't practice moderation and eat the whole thing that we get ourselves into trouble! Good for you and just think where you will be by your birthday next year!

Valerie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Karon! I'm glad it went well for you. It sounds like you made great choices. You should be proud.

Karon said...

Michelle...Thank you, my friend. My indulgences are now over. I am back on track and focused. Time to get back to the business of really being 100% once again. I think I'll do my own 30 days 100% challenge. I did over 100 days when I first started and it's time I do this right again.

Valerie...Thanks. I am proud of myself and know that I am headed in the right direction.

Bob said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Karon. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. And that salad sounds good too.

I wish you a happy and healthy new year!