CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Mundane Day

Today was one of those ho hum kind of days. Spent some time online and then just hung out with Tim. We didn't really have anything to do today and no money so we just spent some time in front of the tv together. See, told you it was mundane! :-D

No news about the car. Guess I better call the dealership tomorrow and see if they found the problem and how long this is going to take. I don't mind, really. I'm kind of enjoying the Malibu. It is nicely equipped and computerized. The other night I was amazed that it told me "Possible Ice". That was too weird when it popped up. I'm going to miss the outdoor thermometer that it has. That is way cool!

Was nuts and went overboard at dinner. It would have been okay and within my calorie range if I'd just exercised a bit of portion control. Thought I was doing good with the salad and then has some pizza. Bah! Tomorrow is a new day. I did get 16 glasses of water down and we'll see how it goes. Was over my calories by about 200 so I'll just drink my water and move a bit more tomorrow.

9 comments:

Karon said...

That's a great idea, Paul! I think I learned another valuable lesson last night.

Lisa said...

Portion control has been my biggest problem when we go out to eat too. Maybe someday I'll get it through my thick head that just because it's there in front of me does NOT mean that I have to eat it all.

Valerie said...

I think all of us struggle with portion control. When I eat out, I try to be careful to eat 1/2 or less of what they give me. 200 calories isn't too bad, you should be able to go through the week without noticing it on the scale. It sounds like you're drinking enough to take care of any water issues that it might have brought on. Keep at it, we all fall off now and then.

Anonymous said...

Portion control - my nemesis too! It always cracks me up when I pour my NS low fat granola into a bowl and I see what a portion is supposed to look like!

heavenlydm said...

Kudos for being a water maniac! I'm still working on getting in more than 10...I have to start pretty early in the day for that. I'm rooting for you to get to your goal.

Sophia said...

Hi Karon!!

Thanks for your regular visits to my blog even when I wasn't there! :)

You're doing great...and continue to be an inspiration to me. I'm happy to see you continuing to work it - and your post was a great reminder to me that I need to get my WATER in!! WATER, WATER, WATER...GOT IT! :)

Hugs atcha...

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been doing great. I haven't been on lately. I saw you lost well over 100 lbs WOW! That is awesome.

Darlene

PS Your granddaughter's picture is way cute!

Karon said...

Lisa...It really helps to ask for a box when the meal is served and get rid of half of the food right then and there. Whether or not you actually take the box with your or "accidentally" leave it on the table is up to you. I've done both! I know it's hard to leave food on my plate so I just get rid of it up front.

Valerie...Thanks! I generally do okay when we go out to eat. The problem is pizza is my most favorite food and I don't particularly care where it's from. I will know better next time. Thanks for the encouragement.

Michelle...Yes, those portions of cereal from NS are laughable, aren't they? I remember the first time I poured the one like chex into the bowl. I was like ... uh huh, I'll be hungry again in like two mintues!

Diane...Thanks for rooting for me. With the support of so many I know I'm going to get there. It's just taking time which I have plenty of.

Sophia...Honey, I've been checking that blog at least once a week. When I saw a post on the NS BB I knew you would be back on your blog, too. Welcome back. I've missed you a lot! Glad to know I can still inspire you. Drink your water and back at it. You're going to be at goal in no time. Hugs!

Darlene...Thank you. I think it's pretty awesome that I've shed over 100 pounds this year, myself! Check back when you can. Hopefully, I'll have another 100 off by the end of 2006. And thanks, also, for the comment about my granddaughter.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! http://www.free-slot-machine-9.info/Saab-9000-aero-fenders.html How to strech your penis to new lengths maplehern cooking school Steam baths saunas steam baths saunasteamsecrets c Fantom vacuum cleaner 01010101010101010101010101010101 air freshener distributor lesbo Plastic surgeons in vancouver bc. Hiking shirts http://www.basketball-17.info Long term effects of side ritalin