CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A trip to the mall

Mandi wanted to go to the mall today. I hate going to the mall and I hate shopping. Part of this in due to the stares, laughs, pointing that follows me and part of it is I've just never really enjoyed shopping. But she was uneasy about driving in the city the mall is in and I decided it wouldn't hurt me to take her. So to the mall we went.

I amazed Mandi because I didn't drive around the mall looking for the closest parking spot. I found a spot and whipped in. It was a little bit of a walk, but not too bad. Once inside she went off to shop and we agreed to meet back in the food court when she was done. I did a bit of walking around the mall and then headed to the food court to sit and rest. I didn't do as much walking as I could have but I didn't want Mandi to panic if she couldn't find me when she was done.

We went out to lunch and I did okay with my meal choice. I had a chicken salad with honey mustard dressing. It came with a dinner roll and I ate about half of it before I decided it really didn't appeal to me. What did appeal to me was three of the mozzarella cheese sticks Mandi ordered. RATS! What in the world was I thinking? Double rats!!

Anyway, we got to spend some real quality time together. I'm going to miss her when she moves out come summer. She says she's moving out so she can be ready for community college and have her own place. We'll see how that goes. She's my baby and she drives me batty some days but I love her. She has been my rock some days and I'm going to be lost without her. She and I have the relationship I had with my mom. Gosh, this must be how my mom felt when I went away to college! I'm learning so much now that I'm aging and my kids are growing up.

Update on Tim ..... He didn't go with us today. He said he still didn't feel well. While we were gone he was really sick. It worries me because the stuff he said he threw up sounds like the last time he went to the hospital with a GI bleed. I'm going to monitor him and see what happens. If he throws that crap up again, I'll take him to the local emergency room. It will be a fight and I hate to do it with the holiday so near but his health is much more important. I'll keep you updated. If I disappear ... know that's probably what happened and I'll be back when I can.

4 comments:

Hey Lady said...

Karon~~How's Tim feeling today? I hope he is feeling better...so that you will too! You are doing GREAT with your walking and your eating...keep it up. I am so proud of the awesome job that you do each day...it's hard...but well worth it it when you can FEEL it and SEE it!!
That is great that you have that relationship with your daughter. I have a great relationship with mine and thought I would die when they left home...but the relationship changed and it got better...I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything. They really are my best friends.
Have a very merry Christmas ... and a blessed season! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....Sue

Valerie said...

Well, there's one thing I learned through this mess with my Dad. If in doubt, go to the ER. I'm not sure in Dad's case if it would have saved him, but I guess we'll always play "what if?"

I think it's wonderful that you have a great relationship with your daughter. My mom and I are too much alike, but we do ok as long as we don't live together. My sis on the other hand still lives home at 22. It suits them both and I'm sure it will continue to do so for awhile now with Dad gone.

Mozarella sticks are dangerous little buggers. You really do well when you make your own food choices though, so forgive and move on.

Anonymous said...

Goodness Karon! here I was ranting on my blog today, and it pales in comparison with your day! I am glad you got to have time with your daughter, and hope all turns out OK with Tim.
Hugs, my friend!

Karon said...

Sue...Tim seemed to feel better today, but he still isn't well. I'll update in my blog entry for today (Thurs) in a few moments. Thanks for the kind words about my walking and eating. I am trying to challenge myself a little more. Hope you have a Merry Christmas, too.

Valerie...As I said to Sue he seemed better today but is laying down right now. He sure is a stubborn man! If he really needs to go to the ER, I know he will tell me. A couple times I've forced the issue and he's ended up spending a few days. We'll see how this goes.

Jeanne...I'm pretty sure from reading your journal that you'll have similar relationships with both your daughters. You've laid the foundation. You trust them and they know you're there for them. The rest isn't so difficult when it comes right down to it.

Michelle...We all have our moments and our days. Ranting is one thing I do well but usually reserve it for offline. Thanks for the hugs, sweetie.