CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Freezing Rain

The weather here in Illinois has just turned downright nasty! On top of the snow we got earlier this week, we now have freezing rain falling. On the way home from the restaurant our daughter works, we saw a car upside down in the ditch and another nose down in the ditch. It looked quite bad and the fire department, ambulances, and police were on the scene. The amazing thing is people were just flying around me just prior to coming upon this accident. What do people think when it's freezing rain? I hope no one was hurt.

So I called my daughter at work. She said they closed early (hour and a half) and they'll be on their way home shortly. She is leaving her car at work tonight and riding with her boyfriend. I can breathe a little sigh of relief. She has no experience driving in anything other than rain. I know she's going to have to learn eventually, but I'd rather it not be right now. My baby is growing up. She'll be eighteen in a couple weeks. Where did the time go?

Still struggling with getting the scale to move downward. It started and has now seemed to stall again. I'll find out officially in the morning. I know it's my own fault. I haven't been as diligent with myself as I should be. I've started walking more, thanks to the NS100 group pedometer challenge, but need to be moving even more. I'm working on it but things have just been a lot to deal with lately.

Had the baby today, again. That little gal is a sweetheart. She is also fast! I am finding myself getting down in the floor more and more. A year ago I could not do that so I'm thankful. She really enjoys just crawling around and playing hide and seek around corners. We had a good time today.

I'll be checking in early tomorrow, I hope, to report my week. I don't expect the scale to have moved but I'll do a review of my pedometer and set up the goal for the coming week. There are only a few weeks left in December. I need to get back on top of everything and get a serious start on the next 100 pounds because I intend to end 2006 another 100 pounds lighter! I can do this!

3 comments:

Karon said...

The weather did indeed turn nasty. The freezing rain turned to snow. We didn't get but maybe half an inch of snow but now we have the ice under the snow. The kids did make it home safely and for that I was happy.

I'll be back to report my weigh-in in about an hour.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. answering machine message sexy Drug store pharmacy0a Cash advance loan connecticut United commercial traveler insurance co water filters Camera digital driver sipix Oasis tshirts toronto Victorias secret bill pay wet tshirt parties Overnight wear acuvue Cosmetic plastic surgery tennessee Convertible top saab http://www.racing-shoes.info/Zyban-pregnancy.html Health team2c digital blood pressure monitor

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! 4 corners pharmacy propecia finasteride other prescripti