Just wanted to say I've been thinking a lot lately about whether to post what I eat every day or not. I was under the impression that no one would really care. Suzi, in her charm and insight, advised me not to be too sure that others aren't interested. So for a while (if I remember) I'm going to do two posts in my blog daily. One will contain what I'm eating with calorie counts and will start out early in the day to be updated as the day goes on. The other will be about my mundane life such as it is. I'm doing this in a effort for others to see that it isn't that difficult to do this on your own but also to give ideas to others who are doing it on their own. I hope it helps someone.
BREAKFAST
Applesauce Cake ... this is my version of Paul's Apple Bundt Cake. I no longer have the NS pancake mix and am too cheap to order it ala carte. That pretty much forced me to come up with an alternative if I wanted to have this and I did. This counted for my entire breakfast ... entree, protein, fruit, and carb. The total was 315 calories, 11 fat grams, 46 carbs and 10 protein. Here is the recipe I came up with:
Applesauce Cake
1/3 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1/2 cup applesauce (can also use any of the splenda sweetened applesauces)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix altogether and pour into a microwave safe or oven approved dish. Microwave until done (some say about three minutes) or bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until done (springs back from touch).
LUNCH
Arby's Market Fresh Chicken Club Salad (picked off the chicken) with lite Ranch dressing and an apple. Total calories for meal was 401 calories. I figure the salad had enough protein to count as the NS entree and the protein serving because it had a boiled egg on it and some cheese.
SNACK
A slice of Kraft 2% cheddar cheese and an apple.
DINNER
Fazoli's child Ravioli with meat sauce, 1 cup broccoli with 2 tbsp parmesan cheese. A little higher in sodium content (660 mg) so I drank water with dinner and will finish an extra 16 oz of water before the day ends. Total calorie value 475 calories.
DESSERT
Three Snackwell's sugar-free shortbread cookies totaling 130 calories.
Total calories consumed today 1643 ... just a tad over my target of 1500 but still less than the 1800 I was shooting for. All in all, not a bad day, in my humble opinion.
Monday, December 12, 2005
A little change
Posted by Karon at 12/12/2005 09:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi just pokin in to see if you get my post here and is that a lot of carbs for the beggining of the day?
Hi, Rachelle! Welcome to blogging. Yes, I suppose it is a bit high in carbs to start the day, but I'd rather eat my carbs early so I can burn them off during the day. I don't eat a lot of carbs, really so I'm not too worried about it. Thanks for the feedback on it, though.
What a wonderful idea. This will really help me.
Thanks
Janet
You're welcome, Janet. Glad I could be of help!
I've never tried the Heart-Smart Bisquick. I know of one store near me that sells it, but right now I'm trying to stay away from biscuits (or the stuff to make them quick) because that's one of my big weaknesses.
If you're concerned about the carbs, I bought a couple of different kinds of low-carb pancake mixes online at netrition.com that have lots of protein and very few carbs. One that I got was LC Success (they have blueberry mix among other flavors, really good) which has a lot of soy in it, it tastes like the NS mix. I also got a box of buttermilk pancake mix from Carb Sense that is mostly protein and very few carbs. No idea what it will taste like, haven't opened the box yet.
Now, tell me about the snackwell shortbread cookies. Good like real shortbread, or just plain like vanilla wafers? The only things I've eaten from Snackwells is the devils food cookies, which I can't buy because I can't stop eating them.
Thanks for the tip, Suzi. I'll check into a low carb pancake mix. I started using the heart smart bisquick because Christina Gray uses it in so many of her recipes. I'd rather use the pancake mixes, just hadn't done any real checking into it.
I love those shortbread cookies. They taste like Lorna Doone cookies to me, if you know what those taste like. When I eat them, I savor each bite.
I can't buy the Nabisco sugar-free Oreos anymore. I'm like you with the devil's food. I want to eat them until they're gone and you only get two for a serving. Not nearly enough to satisfy me!
Post a Comment