CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Husband Rant Enclosed

This post will likely have very little to do with weight loss, so feel free to skip it if you want. It was one of those days I wished all day long I was single and had never married!

My husband is a great guy. I don't know if I'm saying that because I believe it, because I'm trying to convince you, or trying to convince myself. But he has been here for me for over 20 years now. That has to count for something, right?

The day started out with him saying he didn't feel well. I heaved a big sigh because when Tim doesn't feel well it means I'm in for a day from hell! He whines and complains and just sits around feeling sorry for himself being miserable and making everyone around him miserable. He won't take anything to make him feel better, he won't let me do anything for him to make him feel better, he just sits there being miserable. It drives me CRAZY!

Then Mandi wanted to go out for breakfast and was mad that I had eaten already. It was 10:30 AM. Of course I had already had breakfast. I offered, since it was close to lunch to go eat lunch out with her. She said okay and asked Tim if he wanted to go. He did but see here's the thing. It takes Tim an hour or more to get ready to do anything. There he was in his boxers, rocking in his damn recliner, sipping a diet Coke. Mandi said, "Well I'm hungry so can you hurry?" which I didn't see anything wrong with but it set Tim off. He took his sweet time and we left about 40 minutes later.

Lunch was fine. Tim ate pretty well and seemed to be feeling better. But as soon as we got back home, he went and laid down and stayed there until dinnertime. That also drives me crazy. I know he's disabled and he gets bored but the laying around and sitting in his recliner and rocking all day long ... in his own little world ... it makes me NUTS!

At one point I asked him if he was okay. (Well, I actually asked him several times but this one sticks out because of his reply.) He said he's just stressing. I asked about what and he said 'the usual' which generally means money and is a prelude to him asking me if I've checked the classifieds today. I asked if he wanted to talk and he said there was no point. Damn it! He is so stubborn. This is the one thing that has been a struggle every day for the last 20 plus years. Why doesn't he understand sharing the problems and concerns can sometiems lighten the load? Ah well ...

It's been a rough week and it's barely started. Sometimes I feel like everything is just spinning out of control. At least I have my weight loss on track. I don't think there's going to be a loss on the scale this week but we'll see. Thanks to the monthly monster I seem to be up a bit. I still have some time before weigh-in though so I'll have to wait and see. I've learned that just about can happen in the journey.

At least I've gotten that all out. Maybe now I can just move on!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Sometimes it helps to get it all out. I've found that out since I started my blog. One of the hard things about marriage is you have not only your own ups and downs to contend with, but someone else's as well. I imagine if I had a hubby he would be frustrated with me right now too. I think you've done wonderful, you're being supportive and offering your assistance, and maybe when he's ready he'll take you up on it. Keep your chin up, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Ditto from me Karon! considering what you go through on a daily basis, you have the right to rant once in a while! Hang in there kiddo.

Shelley said...

You are doing wonderful Karon I say send them all to the moon when they get like that LOL Stay strong!!

Karon said...

Thanks, ladies! Sometimes I just have to get that crap out so I can move on. More on the saga in my blog post for 12/21

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Chubby big black titties and juggs Side effects vicodin all top girl strip poker games pockect pc http://www.fridge-freezer-side-side.info Zara apps jewellery