CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Just a ho-hum kind of day

Nothing interesting really happening here today. I spent the morning perusing the NS bulletin board. I did find some humor there and a couple posts about Paul's Apple Bundt Cake. I tell you, I think everyday someone over there says they are so thankful that Paul came up with that one. I think it is the one recipe I've seen mentioned over and over and over again. Today there were two threads going about it. I'm proud to have Paul as one of my NS buddies, I'll tell ya! Hey, Paul! You have any new recipes to share? hee hee

I don't think I've been very successful cutting my calories back like I had wanted. Seems if I shoot for 1800 then I end up with 2000-2200. So I am going to now shoot for 1500 and hope to not go over 1800. Either way, I should be losing pounds but that doesn't seem to be the case. We'll see for certain when I weigh in tomorrow. Earlier this week I was up to 432 and then dropped to 427.5 ... and then went back up to near the 430 mark. That's pretty much where I've been for the last three weeks.

I think the key is in planning and up until now, I've been pretty bad at planning. I'd eat and then add up the calories and then go "Oh, man!". Well not anymore. Starting this morning, I'm adding things up BEFORE I put them in my mouth. It is 3:15 PM here and I'm sitting at 1052 calories for today. Staying at 1500 seems within my grasp. I considered creating a page linked to this blog to log my foods and for feedback from whoever wanted to contribute but for now I'm going to stick to logging it into Fit Day for now. If I continue to struggle I still have the option to create another page or use one of the other two I have to do a food diary. I just figure most of you don't really give a rat's ass what I'm eating!

Lastly, I came across a fun little holiday game Snowball Fight at the NS bulletin board today. I wasted a bit of time there and enjoyed myself. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Karon,
I was NS blog surfing and I stopped in. I totally know what you mean about planning ahead. When I eat, then compute, I am always surprised at how much I ate. Lately I have been planning it all out in the morning, and it is working better! Sounds like you've got a plan. Keep it up, you're doing great. I have to try Paul's Bundt Cake!

Karon said...

Thanks for stopping by, Emily. Hope you find time to come back again. It is definitely about planning and then sticking to it. Not one of my biggest strengths. I'm more of a "spur of the moment" kind of gal and always have been. I don't really want to change that about my personality. But I will plan ahead for this business of shedding the pounds. They definitely have overstayed their welcome! You'll love the bundt cake; everybody does.

Shirley said...

I'm a "cruiser" from way back. I love to just open the fridge and cruise through it until I find something I like. Now I force myself to make plans.

I have a 3-ring binder with clear plastic sheets inside. I can print off menus that sound good, along with recipes, and slip them into the plastic keep them organized and clean. I even have a big list of fast food choices and how many calories they are. My favorite fast food "meal" has more calories than I should eat for the whole day. So I'm staying away from it.

Quite frankly, I hate planning. I hate having to get up in the morning and not only eat a balanced breakfast, but then stand in the kitchen and make sure I have the proper number of meal items, fruits, vegetables, salads, snacks, proteins, whatever else I need to take with me to work until my next meal at home. It's so much easier to get fast food. Really, really bad fast food. It's easier to eat the doughnuts that people bring in to share, the Christmas cookies that are left on the desks, the candy that mysteriously appears every day. I like things easy.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know there are people who care about something as trivial as what you eat. And you're not alone in the struggle.

Karon said...

Suzi...Thanks for letting me know others may be intersted. Maybe I'll link in a 'what I eat' page. Since I've been doing this without the NS foods for quite some time, people ask me what I eat from time to time.

Paul...Yep! I do try to hit averages for my meals. I've been running 200-250 calories for breakfast, 150-200 calories for snack, 350-600 calories for lunch, and the remainder for dinner. If I have calories left, I have a dessert. If I don't, I skip it because quite frankly it isn't all that important to me.

Glad you enjoyed the game. I like little things like that from time to time.