Oh, the weather outside is frightful ... and it definitely is. Tim and I went to town and managed to pick up a snow shovel and something for me to cook for dinner before the snow started falling. It was barely snowing when we went into the grocery store but when we came out the ground and car was covered! And the streets were already becoming snowpacked and treacherous. I was glad to come home and know I don't have to go back out tonight.
It's been another good day for eating. I am finding more useful tools at fitday.com and am really just enjoying using their tools. I found out that today I've burned around 3000 more calories than I ate so that's a good thing. That's enough calories to make almost a one pound drop on the scale. Woo hoo! I'm going to figure this out yet. Funny, it said I burn almost 3000 calories just by being alive; I think that's what the basal reading means.
I've increased my water by an average of two glasses per day. I'm also trying to watch my sodium intake closer. I didn't quite make it to my goal on the pedometer yesterday but was close (about 300 steps short and too lazy to walk those around the kitchen before I went to bed). It should all average out to be okay for me to meet my goal in the challenge though. I do believe I should show a loss on the scale this week. If not, it won't be because I didn't try!


8 comments:
It does sound like you really are trying. Keep up the great work. I will have to check out that website. As for the weather, well, I will keep my mouth shut about the weather here.
Karon - share your snow with us! We so need it! Keep up the great work and positive attitude my friend!
Bob...Hi! That website is great with all sorts of information and I highly recommend it. It's just a LOT easier for me to use than the NS online food diary. I like the added reports, too.
As for the weather in Miami, yeah ... I know. I have the weather for Tampa (where we used to live) still come up when I log into SBC/Yahoo and believe me, it's days like this I wish we were still down there.
Michelle...You could have all of our snow. It's pretty when it first falls and then yuk! I really don't care to travel in it, either. Too much tension worrying about someone else not allowing enough room and sliding into me.
Paul... I do realize that the basal metabolism is an average. I figure since I've had a non-active lifestyle for years and years, it should be a pretty good indicator for me for now.
I do have my fingers crossed that what I'm doing will show positively on the scale this week. I'm really working on it. If I'm going to do this with my own foods, I need to be doing it right and not half-assed. I've got a lot of weight to get off yet. I realized that one high day is in here but I feel like as long as the scale goes down, it's going to be okay. So far, I think the scale is moving down. I'm trying to stay off of it until Sunday.
I do not miss the snow...the shoveling part anyway.
You must feel invincible right about now :). I hope you have a good scale showing this week. You earned it.
How's the job hunt going??? Have you considered taking an occupational survey? There are some you can do online for free. Have you also done an inventory list of your passions?
Hi, Diane! I continue to do the resumes and applications but no one seems interested in hiring me. I'm qualified for the positions I apply for. I guess there are just a lot more qualified hicks here than I thought! LOL I figure the Lord is going to shove me in the right direction one of these days. I have not done any surveys or inventories. That's a thought, though. Thanks for the suggestion.
Karon: I found a muffin pan on ebay exactly like the one I have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cast-Iron-Christmas-Tree-Muffin-Pan-Makes-5_W0QQitemZ6233269671QQcategoryZ976QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks, Suzi!
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »
Post a Comment