Well today was a little bit busy. Had to have Tim at the hospital early this afternoon for an ultrasound scan of his blood flow in his legs. The doctor suspects that the blood flow is not normal. We'll have the results of the test back in a couple days.
I walked into the hospital and all the way to the Imaging Department without having to stop and rest. That is a big NSV for me. I also walked back out with resting. I almost sat down to rest at the entrance to the hospital on the way out but wanted to challenge myself. I was even able to converse with Tim while we were walking which is something I generally don't do because I'm huffing and puffing.
Next stop was the pharmacy. I wanted to check into something to relieve the pain in my back as it was pretty bad today. I'm certain I only pulled a muscle so got some over the counter backache relief medication. I double checked with the pharmacist to make certain that it wouldn't be a problem interacting with my prescription meds. Generally, I would have sat in the car and sent Tim in for this but today I went in with him. I even browsed in the store for a bit on the way back out instead of high-tailing it out of there like I normally would. Woo hoo!
This evening we went out for dinner and instead of eating two chicken breasts which came with the dinner I ordered, I asked for a box and boxed one up right away. I'll use it for protein servings tomorrow. I also ate a bit of the mashed potatoes with gravy and then poured salt over it to discourage me from eating anymore. I know myself. Had I not done that, I would have sat there and picked at them until they were all gone. Both of these things were pretty good victories for me tonight. Also, the foods are healthy as my cousin owns the restaurant and he makes just about everything from scratch. His mashed potatoes are even real potatoes without extra stuff added.
I looked at my pedometer and can't belive my eyes! It is registering almost 3000 steps which is a LOT for me. I can't believe I did that much walking today but I must have. It's been a pretty good day!
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Kind of a Busy Day
Posted by Karon at 12/13/2005 08:49:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks, Paul!
Karon, that sounds like a wonderful day all around. Walking without resting, good food choices, 3000 steps...all fantastic. Keep it up!
Where did you find it? Interesting read http://www.loss-hair-5.info medication patches technology Chubby teenagers in bikinis gay vacation britain 21 blackjack variations milf hunter seeker http://www.fireplace-shelves.info/canadian-sheet-metal-wood-heaters.html Voyeurs hotel Control download parental Asian hardcore anal
Post a Comment