CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 19, 2005

Mundane Monday

Today was a pretty mundane day. The kids had finals today and both of them (Mandi and her boyfriend) were able to exempt most of them because they have good grades. So the kids were home most of the day. My oldest daughter called to say they needed her to work so we had Ceci for a little while. She was into everything! I cannot wait until she's about three and understands no means NO. Right now, it's all just a game to her, unless a swat on the bottom accompanies the no and I hate to do that. She isn't my baby and I doubt her mom or dad spanks her. For now I am relying on a strong NO and distraction techniques.

Picked up some meds from the pharmacy and went out for dinner with the kids. They wanted Chinese. I ate a little bit of pork fried rice and some green pepper steak with no MSG and very little oil. I think I did okay and ate not even half of what was on the plate. Went over my calories a little but it's early in my week and I did great yesterday so felt okay in slipping a little bit here.

I need to go to a group chat now I'll wrap this up. Have a great evening and stay warm. We're headed down to near zero tonight. It was only four with a wind chill of minus 8 when I got up the morning. Brrrrr!

4 comments:

Karon said...

Crazy weather! It's only 7 outside now with a windchill of two below! When I let Fancy Pants out I thought my nose was gonna freeze shut! (We have to leash her and stand there to make sure she goes.)

Shelley said...

Dang it looks like I'm a wimp when it comes to the weather my blood seems to freeze at 50 but then again maybe I should get more clothes on *smile* stay warm

Valerie said...

It sounds like Ceci is a handful. They don't really get "no" at 3 either unless they're the ones saying it, so don't hold your breath. I asked my nephew the other night if he was going to listen to me and he said "no." But when he told me he was going to fly from the chair to the couch and I told him no, that didn't mean anything. I love kids, they're so great. Glad to hear you're losing too, and it doesn't sound like the slip was much.

Karon said...

Rachelle...I am trying to stay warm. We're supposed to be near 40 by the weekend. Woo hoo! A heat wave is coming on. LOL

Valerie...Ceci is a handful. And yeah, I know they don't ever really "get" the word 'no'. I taught preschool for years. I love kids, too. They present a totally different challenge than adults.

Good to have you back, sweetie. I've missed you!