CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Lazy Day & A Storm Is Brewing

Today was a lazy kind of day. We had no errands to run and the baby was here for a while in the late afternoon. We pretty much just hung out all day. I went over my calorie goal by about 200 today. I know why and will take the steps to make sure it doesn't happen tomorrow. Too bad that this is not an exact science and one never knows the calories they are consuming unless they add them up first. I have a tendency to eat and then figure it all out. I'm thinking maybe I need to modify that little habit! :-D

We have a major snowstorm supposedly heading our way. It's supposed to start snowing sometime near the wee hours of the morning and snow all day and into tomorrow. Total accumulation is being estimated at 3-6 inches right now. I'm looking forward to the snow but not the digging out. And we've been trying to buy a snow shovel with no luck. I know I'm going to regret that tomorrow.

Got a call from my doctor and my electrolytes are fine. I will continue on the water pill I'm on for now. My thyroid is still way out of kilter so that medication is being increased. I'll have to stop by the phramacy tomorrow to pick that up ... if we can get there! Living in the country can make travel in snowstorms dangerous and sometimes downright impossible. I promise to be careful.

My pedometer is nearing the magic challenge number so that's a good thing. I can't believe that I am actually taking the long way around the car or to get somewhere. I still don't stand still very well but the pedometer challenge is getting me moving more and that's the whole idea behind it.

Lastly, my NS friend Michelle made my day this morning. Finally was able to read her blog and found she has created a dog treat (she owns a specialty dog shop in AZ) and named it after my Fancy Pants! Fancy is definitely honored. Thanks, sweetie. One day we'll have to drive out and let her give them a try just so she can give her official endorsement. ;-)

2 comments:

Karon said...

No snow yet as of 8:12 AM Thursday, but the folks on the radio assure us constantly that it's coming in and we'll now get 4-6 inches of the darn stuff. Being on the East coast, I know a lot of times you all get it much worse than we do. Good luck with it! On a side note, maybe I have time to go hunt for a snow shovel. ;)

Lisa said...

Karon, Good luck finding that snow shovel today! We're also supposed to get some snow at some point today here in Marshall (2-4 inches is what they're saying right now)Truthfully, I hope it doesn't hit us. I do not like snow at all! We also live out in the country and the roads around our house aren't cleared off very well at all so driving into town is a major hassle when it snows.