CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

And so it goes

I'm happy to report that I am back to my daily walking with Leslie. It's been a real struggle and the last two days I've had to force myself to do it, but I've done it. I honestly don't understand why I dread doing it. It's a challenge, yes, but I feel so much better afterwards. I feel a sense of pride that I completed it. I feel better physically. And I feel that I lived up to my own expectations when I walk.

The scale did move down one pound today. At least that gives me hope that I can get the six pounds back off and proceed "onward and downward" as my dear friend Eva says all the time. I was beginning to wonder.

Have rescheduled my doctor appointment for Thursday afternoon. I'm sure blood will be drawn to check my TSH levels for my thyroid meds. Perhaps after an adjustment, I'll have another month like January. That would be nice and would motivate me for sure!

I'm trudging toward that 399 mark and will then head for the 150 pounds gone milestone. It's within my grasp. I just have to keep going!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Yeah You!!!

Valerie said...

You're doing great. Sometimes it's hard to get back into the routine. You should request that your doctor check your free T3 and free T4 levels instead of just the TSH because that only tells one part of the puzzle. Sometimes you need a T3 supplement in addition to synthroid. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Karon said...

Janet...Thanks! I'm pretty excited about my progress.

Valerie...Wow! Thanks for the info. He may be checking those things and I just don't know it. I'll ask. I do know he checks the TSH though.

Vicki...Thanks for your comments. I've been worried about you so am glad you checked in. I'll do an update on the job front in my post for today.