CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 19, 2006

And so it goes

I really wanted to be under the four hundred pound mark today but it just didn't happen. Yesterday morning I was down at least one pound but today it was back again. What I didn't consider was the fact that I pushed my muscles yesterday and I'm likely to have some water retention going on today because they are repairing themselves. That does make sense. It also means that next week I should show a loss for sure and I'm going to do my best to make it another of those six pound weeks to be firmly out of the four hundreds for good.

I didn't walk with Leslie every day. The weeks that I lost six pounds, I did so this week I'll be back at it every day. If that's what it takes to make a difference, then I can certainly commit to it. I also want to start doing more on my fitness ball. I have it so I need to be using it!

My knees are a little tender today but other than that, I seem to have no ill effects from all the walking I did yesterday. I still have that euphoric sense of accomplishment, though and I doubt it's going to subside any time soon. That's a good thing because it will keep me motivated this week.

I do still have the low back pain and I had that before the walk so it wasn't caused by all the walking. I've been drinking at least 15-18 glasses of water per day so it isn't because I'm not drinking enough water. I suspect it's nothing, but if I still have the pain in the morning, I'll call my doctor and see what he has to say. I've had this pain before, so the suggestion it could be a kidney stone is plausible. It's not as bad I would expect for that, though and is worse when I sit in certain positions. ... For those of you who are smart arses, yes, I know not to sit in those positions! :D ...

I'll be doing a lot more cooking this week. Tim's birthday is Tuesday and I'll be baking him a Pineapple Angel Cake, I read about somewhere. You make an angel food cake using the box mix and a can of pineapple including the juice. That's it. Then you bake it in a regular pan. I'll be whipping up some cream cheese frosting to top it for a little protein. Mmmm ... I can almost taste it! If it turns out, I may just post a picture of it here on my blog. Guess you'll have to check back Tuesday or Wednesday to see if it turned out.

Enjoy the remainder of Sunday and have a good week! I'm moving on and will be under four hundred pounds next week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Karon, I am so proud of you for walking in the walmart. I know that was hard considering your back and knee pain. I think you are doing so well. I hope you reach your goal for this week! You can do it and you will!
Barbara

Nan said...

Cake? Nope, I'm not listening, not looking. You can't make me. Cake no longer exists in this universe. I've just convinced myself of this...please don't intrude on my fantasy.

Serously now...if you are still hurting this morning...please see the doc or at least call his office.

Have a great day!

Bear said...

Hey Karon, I know about being disappointed. I was hoping to be under 300 on Sunday as well. Oh well, we just keep plugging at it and it will happen!

UMMM Cake... sounds good, lets see... fruit check... protein check... carbs check... sounds doable to me!

Lisa said...

Do you think your back pain might be sciatica? I have bouts with that every so often and it is a real pain in the butt....literally!

I've had that cake recipe you are talking about before. You can also use canned peaches, pears, blueberry pie filling, etc. It's delicious.

Good luck getting below the four hundred pound mark next week too. I know you can do it.

Karon said...

Barbara...Thanks! I know I'm going to get there this week. I just feel it!

Nan...See, we can't avoid cake forever. I figure as long as I plan for it, and I make it so I know what's in it, I'm going to be just fine. Actually, I'm really looking forward to this one!

Barry...We will definitely keep plugging away. I wish you well in getting to your own goal this week. Wow! We're 100 lbs apart in weight loss (give or take a few). That's kind of cool!

Lisa...I did call the doctor and went for a visit. Have scripts for kidney infection and also muscle relaxer. Follow-up in two weeks and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the info on the cake. I've never made it. Using other things sounds like a great plan and I'm betting I try many of them. Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karon!

Just wanted to let you know that we're back from Palistine. I responded to you in my blog. It's late now and we're exhausted....but did want to touch bases with you. I'll write again soon!

PS Questions never offend or bother me......

Paul said...

You will be out of the 400's anyday now!! I just know it. Hang in there. Happy Birthday to Tim!

Karon said...

Ann...Glad you're back safe and sound. I've missed you but know you're busy and were traveling. I'll check out your blog answer shortly. Thanks for getting back to me on it.

Paul...I'm sure going to give it my best shot. I'm tired of being oh so close but yet seeming so far. And Tim says thanks for the birthday wishes!