It was not a good week for me on so many levels. After reaching such a milestone last week, I'm sad to report that I managed to gain back all six pounds that I had lost. I'm back up to 410 pounds but I know why. Too much time in the car (contributing to an increase in the lymphedema), not enough water and driving in the car in that stale air can cause dehydration, too many carbohydrates (and I should have definitely known better), and not enough exercise (though I downloaded the codec and took my walking DVD with me). All of that meant a gain for sure on the scale and it sure did spell disaster from a diet standpoint.
The good news is that I'm back on track, as I said yesterday and moving on. I'm not going to beat myself up over this. I'm disappointed but it is a lesson to learn from. I am eating the right foods again, and avoiding the carbohydrates. I am drinking my water again. And this morning I started walking with Leslie once again. I have my fingers crossed that I can drop that six pounds again this week. I'm ready to move on to my next mini-goal so I need to make it to 399 and move on.
I did okay with steps on my pedometer. I still managed to average almost 3000 per day and I let that lull me into thinking I was getting exercise when I wasn't. Another lesson learned the hard way, but not one I'll forget anytime soon.
Check back next week to see if I managed to get the six pounds back off. I'm sure going to give it the ole "college try".
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Reviewing Week 57
Posted by Karon at 3/05/2006 11:26:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That is what I really admire about you.
You get right back on track. You just keep hitting. That is what real heros do.
Reminds me of when the Berlin Wall came down. Those people just kept hitting, and hitting that wall until it came down.
Janet is right - TEAR DOWN THE WALL!! Also think of it this way - you get to reach your secret mini-goal all over again!! Have a great week.
You can do it! You have come so far. I admire your good attitude!!
By the way, I gained 6 pounds too so I am right there with you!
Barbara
Janet...Thanks honey. I have to get right back at it. I have no choice because the pounds are going to come off and stay off. I just have more lessons to learn along the way. Thanks for the support.
Paul...Thanks! I am definitely going to tear the wall down brick by brick and when I'm done, it's going to stay down.
Barbara...Alright, we're in this together. We both gained six pounds, now we get to get rid of them for good. We can do this!
You'll do great. You're like me in that you can gain really easy. You'll take it back off just as easy. Once you and Leslie get back to walking together and you get back on plan you'll get back to that milestone and onto another one. There's always another day, and another goal you can set your sights on.
Hi Karon!
I'm sorry your trip wasn't all that great but am happy to see you back on track, good for you. There is no scale here at my hubby's family's place, so I guess I'll just have to wait until the end of April to see the damage.
We're eating ALL the time here....I'm trying to eat more veggies and fruits but everything is fried here....yummy but really does a number on my system since I don't have a gallbladder anymore.
Anyway, enough rambling from me. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know things will work out for you in the best way. I'll try and touch bases every few days. Take care!
Ann
Valerie...Thanks for the encouragement. I am back on track and hope to get rid of the six pounds and then keep on going. I know I can do this. It's a bump in the road but I'm not going to let it keep me down.
Anne...So glad you stopped by. I was just thinking of posting a comment in your blog earlier today to say I miss you. I hope you manage to maintain but if you gain, you know what you'll need to do to remove the pounds. I'm thinking of you too and hoping you really enjoy your time in Jordan. Hugs!
Post a Comment