
I reported a six pound gain last week that turned into an eight pound gain before the scale started on it's way back down. As you can see from the tracker above, I'm back to where I started two weeks ago. I'm back to 404 pounds.
I have had a few non-scale victories this last week as well. I went to Wal-mart and avoided the electric carts. I went there with the intent to walk and refused to do anything else. The new store near us has benches in the perimeter aisles so I knew if I got tired, I'd be able to sit down and rest and that's what I did. I even made myself walk some extra steps before we left because I wanted to be sure to get the same number steps as I would have had I done the Walk Away the Pounds DVD I usually do.
Yesterday, I didn't feel like walking inside and it was sunny outside so I grabbed my CD player, popped in Shania Twain, and off I went. I walked a half mile in about nine minutes. This same walk about did me in last fall. I would get half-way and feel like I was going to drop from spaghetti legs. I would have a pounding heart with the sound of blood pumping in my ears as I drew every ragged breath with every staggering step. The good news is that I completed the walk with very little distress. There was a burn in my thighs and my knees were a little tender, but I could breathe and kept putting one foot in front of the other. It felt great to be outside walking. When I got back, I managed to fit into one of our plastic patio chairs, so like a gecko in Florida, I basked in the sunshine and my success!
This past week, I walked a total of 25,365 steps with an average of 3624 per day. I had 50 minutes of aerobic steps this week. I racked up 7.17 miles on my pedometer taking me to a total of 72.2 miles walked since I started tracking it. That was back on November 6 according to the email confirmation I got when I joined a website that tracks the miles you walk. All in all, I'm pleased with the progress I've made. I've definitely come a long way and it's so motivating to be seeing the changes as compared to a few months ago.
Now I am focused and moving steadily toward my next mini-goal of being below 400. I'm going to do all I can to make it happen this week. It's only 4.5 pounds. Surely I can eek that out this week. If not this week, then next week for sure! Then I'll be setting my sights on 380 pounds which will be my 150 pound milestone. On I go, determined to get where I want to be.

12 comments:
Great job Karon! I love to walk outside, I can't wait for it to be warm enough to take my daughter out...my dvd is getting old and boring and the treadmill at the gym hurts my knees to much! Glad you made your way back to the 404...I bet you can smell those 300's you're flying towards! Good for you!!!
Sherri...Thanks! I don't know what my lack of motivation toward Leslie has been but thinking about doing that DVD the last couple days has had me sighing. I definitely will have extra walking tomorrow at the hospital for my job interview.
Jeanne...I'll post this in your journal too, if I don't forget. But the website I use to track my miles walked is here ...
href="http://www.horsetooth.net/walk
It's very basic and free to use. I tried to make it a clickable link, but it didn't work.
Karon, congratulations on your progress...As usual you continue to inspire! I am proud of you for walking in the walmart. I think you will be below 400 before you know it. I am trying to get below 200, but I have 43 pounds to go. I am trying to lose 3 pounds this week. We can do it! Have a great week!
Barbara
6lbs, that's wonderful Karon! I know you will lose the 4lbs this week, you are working so hard for it. Good luck on the week.
Look at you go! No cart, back down to 404 and soon to be under 400#. And listen to yourself "It felt great to be outside walking." Keep up the great job. And good luck at the interview Monday.
Sounds like good going. I use to walk in stores during my lunch hour but started going to the gym at lunch instead because I was spending money I didn't have :( I hope you hit your milestone this week (you can do it!).
hey sweetie! Looks like A LOT going on for you! Congrats on the walking outside! I remember when that walk about did you in last fall - and look at you now! Wonderful!!! I may not post much right now but know I am always thinking of you and sending happy thoughts your way! Good luck today! You will dazzle them!
I think I remember when you took that walk outside that was so hard on you, so it's great to hear you enjoyed it this time around.
What wonderful successes! Keep up the great work!
Care'
Barbara...Thank you. You're right! We can both do this. I know you can lose those three pounds and I'm working on 4.5. We're motivated so let's just get it done!
Barry...Thanks! I am focusing on those 4 lbs and want them gone very badly. I'll just keep going.
Paul...No more carts for me. If I get tired when shopping, I'll find a place to perch. It's time for me to leave those behind forever. I know I can do this and it's my own personal challenge.
Diane...I can't afford a gym membership. I'd like to join Curves one of these days (there are two in the big town near me) but it's going to have to wait a bit longer. Until then, I make do with what I can.
Michelle...A lot going on seems to be the story of my life right now. Thanks for being here with me, honey. I've been missing you.
Valerie...I am finding more enjoyable things to do, I think and that is making a big difference.
Care'...Thanks for stopping in. I'll keep on going!
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »
This is very interesting site... »
Post a Comment