CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 31, 2006

And so it goes

Got a call this afternoon from the principal at the school I interviewed yesterday. I interviewed with the principal, the classroom teacher, and the school social worker. She called to tell me they gave the job to someone else. No big surprise there and I'm okay with it. If I was them, I would have picked someone younger, thinner, and with more recent experience too.

Monday morning I'll be going to register as a substitute teacher. I don't know how soon I'll actually be able to start working and my timing certainly sucks. There are only about eight weeks of school left, except in the schools that have opted to do year round. I may be able to work in the summer, but don't really know. I should know more on Monday after I go back and do what needs to be done.

As far as weight loss goes, the dreaded metal monster reared it's ugly head and thus pretty much halted any downward progress. It's times like this I wish I were not a woman. Stupid hormones and water retention certainly do not make things easy. But it's okay. I've also done pretty horrid with my walking this past week.

Tomorrow is a new day and the beginning of a new month. I have a number in my head for pounds I'd like to drop in April. Time will tell if it comes to pass. I'm not going to put said number here. For now, the mini-goal will serve as my 'number' goal. I am going to do either my Walk Away the Pounds DVD or my fitness ball DVD (the first set of exercises) every day. That should get things going again and keep them going.

People Envy Your Compassion

You have a kind heart and an unusual empathy for all living creatures. You tend to absorb others' happiness and pain.
People envy your compassion, and more importantly, the connections it helps you build. And compassionate as you are, you feel for them.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Karon I am sorry that you didn't get that job. Please don't feel down about yourself! You are a lovely person, and I am sure you will find a job soon. It is so discouraging to job hunt, the rejections, the interviews! I hate it. But you have so much to be proud of! Hang in there! I need to set a goal for April also, I think I am going to go for 10 pounds. Is that unreasonable?
New Month, New Opportunity! Barbara

Janet said...

They missed out on a wonderful employee.
Your job is out there. I know you won't give up because you know how to be persistant.
Know that I am cheering you on.

Shirley said...

I don't think you were meant for this job. It wasn't part of your plan. You had another plan in mind, and this one sort of popped up suddenly, but it's not exactly what you had planned. So that's OK.

I really think you will end up in a *fabulous* position.

Suzi

Karon said...

Barbara...I'm not down about myself, really I'm not. I'm okay with not getting that teacher aide position. This way, I'll really be easing my way back into teaching and will know if it's for me this time around.

I don't think ten pounds is unreasonable to shoot for during the month of April. Go for it! And I love the photo, by the way!

Janet...Thanks for cheering me on. I know I'm going to find the right job and all of this will just be the past. I will certainly keep on going and eventually it will all just fall into place.

Suzi...Thanks for the vote of confidence. I agree that I have a plan and I intend to execute it. One step at a time and I'll get where I'm going, just like in losing weight, huh?

Paul said...

Karon - I too am sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. BUT in my opinion it was a really nice thing that the principal did to call you personally and tell you that you didn't get the job. Maybe that's they way they do it in the education field, but everywhere else they seem to just either not tell you or send you a form rejection letter or email. Perhaps she will keep you in mind for future positions (again something that rarely happens but it does happen occasionally).

The "What do people envy about you?" quiz sure turned out right!