This morning, no matter what I said to myself, I could not get motivated to do my "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD. I told myself how tired I'd be if I didn't do it. I told myself how unhappy I'd be on the scale in the morning. I told myself how much my body needs to move. None of it worked. And then it got late and I was hungry so I ate breakfast, knowing that once I did that, I was past the point of no return. I would not be walking with Leslie today.
I made the decision, since I didn't do that walk, I would go out to Wal-Mart and walk. I would walk past the electric carts and walk around the store until I had the steps I would have had if I'd walked with the DVD. And that's what I did! I had to sit down and rest a time or two. Once my right leg was going numb, but after a little sitting, I got back up and kept on going. I managed to walk almost as many steps as I do with the DVD but no aerobic steps. I was okay with that, though.
I will say, the regular walking must have used different muscles. The muscles in my thighs were shouting out. My calves were tight. Yet, I continued to walk because I knew I had to get the steps in. And it felt good when I was done and heading home! I think next time we go grocery shopping, I'll do the walking instead of using an electric cart. I've relied on those darn things for far too long and now it's time for me to do the walking. I'm pretty darn proud of me tonight!
On a side note I'm furious as all hell with Tim right now. He made a cutting remark and upset Mandi and her boyfriend. I understand why Tim said what he did and how he feels but why doesn't he just try to understand that his words hurt? His mom was the same way and Tim used to complain about it when she was alive. Mandi went to be early and said it's comments like that which will cause her to move out and never come back. Her boyfriend left to go to a friend's house and I don't know if he's coming back tonight. And now Tim has gone to be way early to sulk about me yelling at him that if Mandi moves out and never comes back I'll never forgive him. Okay, maybe I should have held my tongue but damn it all! I'm so tired of him saying shit and thinking it's okay because this is his house and that gives him the right to say whatever he wants to say. He does not have the right to hurt people. Period!
I'm gonna go check on Mandi and see if she knows if her boyfriend is coming back tonight. Then I'm going to check on Tim and make sure he's okay. Damn, I hate this kind of crap. Until tomorrow ... as my world spins out of control!
Friday, March 10, 2006
Walking with a DVD vs regular walking
Posted by Karon at 3/10/2006 09:43:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Sounds like a rough day for you.
I am sorry.
Post a Comment