CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 20, 2006

Medical Update

Called my doctor this morning. Wouldn't you know it, he's on vacation! His physician assistant was in though so I went to see her. She was very thorough. Urinalysis done and a little higher white blood count than normal. Gave me a script for an antibiotic. Then she had me do some bending and stretching and said the pain sounds more like muscle strain. She also gave me a script for a muscle relaxer. She figured it was best to treat both symptoms just in case and I agree. I go back for a follow-up in two weeks.

Didn't get to walk this morning. I was up so darn early because of the back pain and it hurts like the dickens. I've also noticed the last couple days I'm not standing up as straight as I normally do so I'm trying to make myself stand up straight. I'm planning to walk tomorrow, back pain or no back pain. I sure hope the muscle relaxer kicks in, though.

We're awaiting a big snowstorm (for us) later tonight and into tomorrow. We're supposed to end up with 5-8 inches depending who you listen to. I figure I'll find out when I wake up and see the snow. I'll have to make sure Mandi's boyfriend clears the drive and steps for me. No way am I shoveling with back pain already in the works.

Called the HR dept at the local hospital and was put through to voice mail. I'm certain the lady was there, she just didn't want to take my call. She certainly did not return my call which I think is quite rude! I'm guessing yet again that I didn't get the job. Oh well, I'm trying to focus and just keep going. One day something is going to happen and someone will feel like hiring my large carcass. I was extremely despondent about it all earlier; told Tim to dig a hole, push me in, and start to cove me up because I'm really tired of it all. Feeling a little better now, but not much.

I guess that's it for me. On I trudge because there's nothing else to do!

10 comments:

Paul said...

Sorry to hear about the pain, hope the meds help.

SNOW? Yikes I thought we were through with that for the season - today is the first day of spring and the landscaper showed up here with rakes and leaf blowers and cleaned up the yard. I thought it was pushing it a bit but I hope it's a sign that here in the East at least, if not in Illinois that spring has sprung.

Sorry the HR person is being evasive. But try to keep your chin up, which it sounds like you are. And have some compassion for Tim - that's a large hole he has to dig, so you have to wait awhile and keep on losing weight to make less work for him :-) (just kidding). Hope the week is all uphill from here - who knows maybe the woman in HR really wasn't in today - sick, vacation, training? Perhaps she'll call tomorrow.

Karon said...

Thanks, Paul. I'm pretty sure she was there. The secretary asked if she could tell her who was calling. The next thing I knew I was transferred to voice mail. Maybe next time I'll refuse to give my name and see what happens!

And yeah, that would be a big hole. Guess I better put it off for a little while, anyway. It is smaller than it was this time last year, though. :D

Ehm Samir said...

Good morning Karon! Evening for you I guess. I know how you feel about having to wait and wait for a job, Husam waited 3 years. It was a LONG three years, but we sure do appreciate his present job because of the wait. When the right job comes up you'll get it. Patience is a virtue, right? Stop talking about digging holes, life isn't that bad. I've met a lot of people these past 12 days who would give anything to be you. Keep smiling and I hope those meds kick in soon so that you feel better. I can't imagine that it's a kidney infection, with all the water you drink.....maybe gallbladder? That's what got me.

Okay, got to go and eat breakfast with the family. Take care. I'll check in again soon....

Ann

Jamie said...

Hey Karon....what a cool doctor you saw. I always get...."try this until this day and if you don't feel any better, come back and we will try this!!" GRRR. It is a 45 min. drive one way.

Hang in there!! What is meant to be, will be. I know ....waiting for the 'to be' to become an 'is' is not easy!!!

Good for you to keep on trudging. Pretty soon you will find that you have 'trugded' right on into a beautiful Spring Day!!!

Feel better soon :)

Unknown said...

Karon, Hello! I agree with Jeanne, you will probably get a better job if this one doesnt work out. Your time is coming!
I am sorry about your back. Back pain makes you feel bad all over. I hope that walking helps you some. Also, try ice packs. That helps me. Whatever you do take it easy until the pain eases.
You have come a long way with your weight loss, that just tells what type of a person you are! You continue to inspire me, I am sure someone will see your special potential soon and you will find a job, Barbara

Shirley said...

If it makes you feel any better, plenty of times someone has called to talk to my boss, and after I ask their name and try to transfer them, he's already on another call. And if it helps any more, it doesn't matter who calls, I can leave him a message and it will sit on his desk for up to 4 days before he bothers calling back. Unless he just throws the note away thinking the caller will call him back anyway. Maybe it means something, maybe not. Hope you're feeling better. The few times I had to take muscle relaxers, they made me so dopey I didn't care if I hurt or not.

Karon said...

Ann...Thanks for finding time to pop in. I miss you but am glad you're enjoying your trip to Jordan.

Jamie...I was pretty lucky when I found this doctor. The physician assistant I saw was pretty thorough so I won't mind seeing her if the Dr isn't available.

Jeanne...I'm hanging in there honey but things are going to get desperate in a few more months. I just feel like my life is spinning out of control.

Barbara...Thanks for the encouragement. I don't really have a choice but to keep trying and wait.

Suzi...Thanks. I do think she could give me the common courtesy of returning my call, at least. The muscle relaxer is causing me to sleep a lot. Matter of fact, as soon as I post this, I'm off to bed. A post for today just ain't happening!

Ehm Samir said...

Karon.....I left a post for you on your other spot, take a look when you have a minute.

I'm anxiously awaiting news about the job along with you.

Ann

Karon said...

Thanks Anne. I replied there also.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Adverse reactions with concerta http://www.bodybuilding-7.info/Ritalinovernightdeliver.html can ritalin cause peripheral neuropathy Beer hair loss Cold weather boots 120 tramadol and free shipping