This morning my back wasn't bothering me much so I decided I would get back to walking with my Leslie one mile walk DVD. I was surprised to complete the entire thing and log 18 minutes of aerobic steps! It felt good to be back walking again.
The back pain is slowly seeming to lessen. I hope to back to normal in another day or so. I have never been one to complain about illness and such but this one really got to me. Tim knew it hurt when I agreed to go to the doctor. I NEVER go to the doctor when I'm sick. Go figure!
Food plan this week hasn't been too bad. I did have a piece of Tim's birthday cake yesterday. It was one I baked so I knew I could have it. Calorie count was only 110 calories. I made him a pineapple angel cake using an angel food cake mix and one can of crushed pineapple. It was very yummy but next time I think I'll use tidbits or chunks. I like to bite into the pineapple and taste it more. I've also been told this works with other fruits like peaches and sugar free pie fillings. Woo hoo, some sweet treats for birthdays, finally!
Got a form email from that last job I applied for saying they hired someone else. Yeah, whatever! Thanks for wasting my time and getting my hopes up. I haven't been able to talk with my sister yet to find out if she knows why. Does it really matter?
I just spent the last hour filling out an online application for some positions in a local school district. Going to check with county superintendent of school on Friday and see what I'm going to have to do to get my teaching certificate upgraded (my category doesn't even exist anymore) and registered. At least then I could either do substitute work or get back into teaching. I'd do this tomorrow, but I'll have Ceci (granddaughter). Told her mom I can't pick her up, though, because of my back. So it will just be a day at home.
Have a good end of the week.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
On I go
Posted by Karon at 3/22/2006 11:16:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the job. I know how hard it can be to be job hunting for so long. I'm glad to see you're still working on it.
Get to feeling better and I hope you enjoy your day with Ceci.
I believe that when we don't get a job, not only does God have something better for us, but He saves us from endless pain, frustration and aggrivation we'd otherwise have if we got it. I'm always thankful to be kept from that.
I know things will work out soon. Hang in there. Glad you're able to get moving again.
Hi Karon, glad to see the back pain is easing up. Good for you on logging 18 mins. of aerobic steps!!!!
Sorry to hear you didn't get the job!
Enjoy your day with your granddaughter!!
You have never heard from me. One day I was just typing the word blog in and found your site. Well after reading some of it. I put the link to your blog in my bookmarks! Well the amazing thing is that I'm working hard to lose weight. I use the spark people web site. I have been following your blogs for a couple of months now! You don't realize how much of a inspiration you are to others!! I'm sorry people, for whatever reason haven't given you a chance to work at a job! People have no clue to what our over weightness does to us. I weighed 286 at the start of my weightloss journey and now I'm down to 233 as of today.. I still have a long way to my goal, but I feel so much better everyday!! I'm so afraid that I will quit. I've done that so many times before. but this time feels different to me now! I'm determined! When I think about where you started at and how far you have came! Its totally amazing!! You are such a great indiviual!!! Try to keep motivated!! and keep your strengthen up!! I hope your back gets better soon!! I just wanted to let you know what a great inspiration you are to me!!! I will pray that god will help you find the right job! There is a job out there for you! You just haven't found the place he wants you to be at! Keep searching! Its there! Good Luck!!!
Christy
p.s. by the way I don't even know what site your using! funny huh?
Also I'm 47 years old as of this month.
Valerie...I still have a plan and am setting it in motion. We'll see where it leads. Ceci and I had a GREAT day!
Diane...I try to keep all of that in mind but it's a struggle sometimes. The Lord could see to it that I'm blessed with the right job. That's what makes things so difficult, but I do have faith He won't let us go hungry.
Jamie...The back pain seems to be gone right now. I'll finish out the antibiotic just in case it is a UTI but I may stop the muscle relaxers. I haven't decided yet.
Christy...Thanks so much for following my blog and thanks for letting me know you've been here. You're doing very well on your own journey and should be proud of what you've accomplished. When you ask what site I'm using I'm not sure what you want to know. I am following my own program which is a combination of Nutrisystem principles and using the SP tools, like the food tracker, fitness tracker, etc. It's working and that's all that really matters right now.
Post a Comment