CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Finally someone says something

For the first time since I started this journey, today someone noticed I'm losing weight and said something! I took Tim to a doctor appointment. His nurse asked me if I'd been losing more weight. (Last visit she and I discussed losing weight and how difficult it can be.) I confirmed that I've lost about 25 pounds since Tim's last visit in December and she stated she can really tell it. That was a great moment for me! She's the first one who really doesn't know me personally, but sees me occasionally, that has commented on my weight loss. I felt like I'm finally making progress.

9 comments:

Janet said...

That is so great. I am glad she said something.
Any news from the hospital yet?
Any place that hires you will be glad they did.

Karon said...

Hi Janet! No word yet. I'm going to call in the morning for their fax number though because I should have that last job performance review in the next day or two.

Anonymous said...

your weight loss is AWESOME!!!!!!! I wish I could only be half as successful and upbeat you are truly a special person

Paul said...

The best is yet to come, as more and more weight comes off more and more casual acquaintances will notice it and comment. Enjoy.

Karon said...

David...Thanks! I really just see myself as a fat lady trying her best to get back to a place where she's fit and healthy and able to do all the things she's forgotten for so long. You can be as successful (Forget the half part) as I have been. You just have to stick with your program. I know you can do this, David!

Paul...Thanks for the comments about the job. My sister did say to let her know if I don't get a second interview and she'll demand to know why. Her boss (the director) was very interested in hiring me knowing my limitations already.

It did feel great to finally have someone notice. I know that it's only going to be up from here! Err ... I mean down! LOL

Jamie said...

Hi Karon...yea!! Isn't that recognition great! I am so glad she said something. I have to admit sometimes I think someone has lost weight and I don't say anything. I will change that. I can't wait for the 150 pounds down pic. Fantastic job with the walking at WalMart and outside!!!

Valerie said...

Oh, there's nothing better than someone asking that question. I know it validates all the effort you're putting in. Still keeping my fingers crossed on the job for you.

Karon said...

Jamie...It was definitely great! I try to remember that people may not say anything because they don't know what to say, but I can take it so wish they'd just say something already!

Valerie...I talked to the recruiter today to let her know she should have that performance review by the end of the week. Sure hope the old job is on the ball!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »