CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Slight Change in Plans

So I was on my way to pay for the substitute teacher certificate today when my cell phone rang. It was an elementary school I had applied to last week for a teacher aide position. They want me to interview tomorrow afternoon. Knowing it would mean employment now and would be steady at least until the end of the year, I agreed.

After talking with Tim, I've decided if they offer me the job, I'll take it. It would mean money coming in and I can still continue with my plans to get my certificate back. I will still take the two classes this fall. But this opportunity will give me the chance to get my foot in the door, my face and name out there in the district so if a teaching position opens up, I'll maybe have a better chance of getting it. Either way I'll still be working toward the same goal with the same date of full certification by early 2007. I'm hoping this position won't be just until the school year ends but will be a return in the fall position. That way I'll know I'm working everyday instead of waiting for a call to sub each morning.

Sorry the last couple days have been more about life and less about weight loss. I have a lot spinning around inside my head right now and putting it down here helps me to get it all sorted out. I do appreciate the feedback and support that you all give to me every single day.

Barry's right. In my comments from yesterday he was wondering how I could question what I set my mind to. I need to believe in myself and my ability to teach as much as I believe I'm going to lose another 204 pounds!

11 comments:

Paul said...

Well this is EXCITING NEWS!! I hope everything works out with the teacher's aide job and then with the classes and certificate. You make a GREAT teacher because you are so positive and patient. That's evident in your writing.

Janet said...

Great news!!!!
You have several options opening for you. You are a lovely person and it shows in your writing. I bet it shows even more in
person.
Kids need people like you who care.

Karon said...

Paul...Thank you! I am pretty excited and doing all I can to prepare for this interview.

Janet...Thank you, also. I'm glad to have more than one option open because I don't feel so much pressure. One way or the other, I'm going to go back to teaching!

Valerie said...

Things really seem to be coming together. You have a couple of possibilities lurking out there so I just know something will work out. It's ok to not always write about weight loss, you're a whole person not just the "dieter." I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing you be successful at this.

Unknown said...

Karon,
What a great opportunity for you. I hope you get that job, you are right about getting your foot in the door. That is always a good thing! And I am glad you will still persue your teaching certificate. You will be a great teacher and the Kids will be lucky to have you. I think your pictures are awesome! Have a good one! Barbara

Jamie said...

Okay....it is "tomorrow afternoon" as I write this. I hope all went great!!!

You silly billy!! Apologizing for what you write in YOUR blog! You could write about the grass growing for all I would care. I would still be here!!

Have a good night!

heavenlydm said...

Go Karon, go Karon...go! go! go! go! Yeah (the crowd roars)....this is so kewl.

Karon said...

Valerie...You're right. It is my blog and I can write about anything. I know others do. This was initially just to talk about my losing weight, but as you said, I am a person who is losing weight. That is not all of who I am, though. Thanks!

Vicki...We never do see ourselves as others see us. I do believe in myself so I will "Press On!"

Barbara...I did my best at the interview. I know I wasn't the only person they interviewed. I know I haven't been in the classroom for twenty years but hope that my personality and determination shown through.

Jamie...You're so sweet! Thanks for the support. I doubt I'll write about the grass growing (think it's going to need to be cut soon, though :D )
but other things are going to creep in.

Diane...I love roaring crowds. And I really like your new profile photo here at blogger. Love the smile!

Karon said...

Thanks for stopping by, Bill. I appreciate the quote and agree with it wholeheartedly.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Boating portal Lg vx 9800 extended battery License plate frames neuter your pets Is tom cruise a fag Swinger group sex cam play keno on the internet Surveillance equipment and techniques Fondle my penis laptop batteries oral surgery cosmetic surgery Laser teeth whitening london Sba loan minority loan Exercises to lose fat from the legs Tramadol info cheap tramadal Chevrolet dealers minnesota http://www.hydrocodone-vicodin-5.info q-see video camera

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »