CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 26, 2006

So close, but not today!

I am oh so close to leaving the Quad Cities for the Tri Cities. So close but it just didn't happen this week. I lack one doggone pound of making it! Sheesh! The good news is I did lose 3.5 pounds this week so that makes me happy. I'm almost certain that this coming week will be THE week! I'll be walking every day with my girl Leslie Sansone and sticking to my program. No pizza for me this week, HA!

Since I'm so close here are a few fun things about losing 130 pounds of fat. It means 455,000 calories burned. That is the equivalent of 14.74 gallons of gasoline. If you could dump this many calories into the tank of a Honda Civic, you would be able to drive it about 499 miles before running out of gas!

Cutting 455,000 calories is the same as saying "no" to 3,138 baked potatoes, 328 pounds of ground beef, 1,409 Snickers bars, 3,273 cans of Coke, 883 Quarter Pounders with Cheese, 1,936 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut.

To burn 455,000 calories a 190 pound person would have to walk for 1,734 hours at 3 mph straight (73 days), walk 5,230 miles, or jump rope for 554 hours (23 days straight).

To safely lose this much weight would take 43- 130 weeks. It has taken me 60 weeks with an average weight loss of 2.16 pounds per week. Woo hoo!

The above info all came from this website ...
How Many Pounds

Onward and downward I will continue to march.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi Karon....Yippee...3.5 pounds this week. What a week. AND 20 aerobic steps with Leslie yesterday! Way to go!! One little pound! I know that you will take him out and a few of his friends this week to meet your goal!!! Can't wait for this to happen for you. Take care.

Caré said...

Wow! Those are some amazing statistics! I'm sure that 1 lb will melt away in no time!

Care'

Unknown said...

Hi Karon,
I am so happy for you! I feel like this week you will reach that goal of 399. I am amazed at how far you have come. Your spirit inspires me to try harder. I love to read your blog. I just looked at your pictures today. You've come a long way BABY!! way to go and I can't wait to celebrate with you when you reach your next goal.
Barbara

Karon said...

Jamie...I actually logged a total of 38 aerobic minutes with Leslie. I'm hoping for at least 60 this week. And yep, that one little pound is going down!

Care'...Thanks. As soon as I hit 399.5 or below I'll be claiming it and posting it. I won't be waiting until Sunday to make this one official. It will be official because I will have reached it and that's good enough for me.

Jeanne...Wow, a prediction of five pounds this week, huh? Gosh I'm going to have to keep moving to fill that order. I hope you have another great week as well. You're on track and moving on and I'm so proud of you.

Barbara...I'll be thrilled to celebrate each of my goals with you. I've come so far and yet have so far to go. The thing is, I know that I am going to get to my goal so I just keep on going.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! taking buspirone and trazodone

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »