CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 13, 2006

One down

I have one interview down in this round. I think it went well but who knows? All I can do is wait. I did go to the cell phone company I used to work for to ask for a copy of my last job performance review. I wasn't able to meet face to face with HR personnel, but did call back the person that I interviewed with this morning and provide the contact info. If I can't get it, maybe she can!

Now I wait. If the recruiter thinks I'm qualified for the job, she'll pass on my file to the Director. That's the lady my sister knows. I would interview with her and then if I pass that one, I have to go through a peer interview. Sheesh! Enough already! Why do they have to make it so damn irritating to get a job? Anyway, then I have to contribute to a drug screen, background check, and pre-employment physical. They check references before I proceed much further so hopefully that will be out of the way shortly.

On I go ...

(Oh yeah ... blood tests were fine. My thyroid is still not where it should be. Doctor is increasing my synthroid and wants me off the generic and on the name brand drug. Just goes to show sometimes the generic is NOT as good as the name brand. Makes you go hmmm doesn't it?)

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Just to explain why he wants you on the name instead of the generic, if you were always on the same generic, it would be ok. But, the pharmacy is probably getting each supply wherever it's cheapest at the time, so every time you fill your prescription it could be a different company, and therefore be slightly different. It's not really that one is better, he's just looking for consistancy.

Anonymous said...

good point Val! Karon - my fingers and toes are all crossed for you! I know you you will succeed!

Karon said...

Thanks for the explanation, Valerie. I have always trusted the pharmacy on this so it's good to have the info.

And thank you, Michelle. I'm already a success. I'd just like to be an employed success!

Paul said...

Sounds like the beginning of a long process with that job. Too bad you couldn't have skipped the recruiter part and had your sister's boss tell the recruiter she wants to interview you. That would cut down part of the process. Who knows if that company works that way but many do. If things seem to stall ask your sister if it's possible to mention your application to her boss and get things moving. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! improve your fico score Soft serve ice cream machine home use why financial planning does not work canadian care health plan Superior pediatric dentist plan