To those of you who have checked in here daily, hoping for news, I apologize. I did manage to log in twice from Florida. For whatever reason, I just couldn't get connected at the hotel in Georgia either way. And when we got home last night, I was just tired and wanted nothing to do with the computer.
I went to the interview on Tuesday afternoon. I interviewed with the business office manager and three lead personnel. I was not interviewed for the job I initially drove down there for. No mention was made of it. I used to work in Emergency Room registration. From the time I talked with Eddie on the phone last week, to the time of the interview, they had a job opening in the ER. That is the job they interviewed me for. I never got a chance to inquire what happened with the job I had driven 18 hours one way to discuss! The last thing Eddie said to me was "The next voice you'll hear from here will be HR personnel" which I took to mean they were offering me a job. So far, I've not heard anything from anyone.
I kind of hope they don't call with an offer. The ER job means being on my feet for most of an eight hour shift. All registration is now done at bedside on a laptop. I can't even imagine standing up to type info all day long. Wow! The hours and days of the week I would be working weren't discussed, but they wouldn't be an issue. When one needs a job, one needs a job. But I don't want to relocate and then find they aren't going to keep me because I can't keep up. And I'm facing reality right now. There is no way in hell (or anywhere else for that matter) that I can stand up for eight hours a day!
I also came to the realization that I really don't think I want to move back down there. Yes, the warmer weather is nice and I certainly wouldn't mind that, but we have no real friends and no family there. That's always been an issue for me. We had Mandi before, but there's no guarantee she's going to want to be there when she graduates. I would be alone if something happens to Tim. I know family can drive down there in 18 hours but a LOT can happen in 18 hours!
Tim and I had our first real fight in our entire marriage over all of this yesterday. Actually, it brought up a lot of old feelings and hurts and blaming that had been put away for a very long time. Things were said that would have been better left alone. Feelings were hurt and will take a long time to heal, if they ever do. It was not pleasant.
Bottom line is I'm now praying they don't call me. I'm praying that they realized I was not the right person for the job after all. I was honest and told them I wasn't sure I could keep up being on my feet. They were nice about everything, but who knows what they said once I left the room? All I know for sure is I haven't heard from them. Oh well!
I will go to the local employment office on Monday. I will register and see what they can come up with. I'll continue to apply for jobs here. I'm going to the local superintendent of schools to see what I need to do to get my teaching certificate back up to par. Maybe I can substitute teach in the county and manage to work fairly steady. It would be without benefits, which has been an issue but it would be money coming in. At least I'd get my foot in the door and hopefully get a full-time job when one opens up. I'll also check with the local temp agency and see if that brings any results.
So ... on I go. One way or another, things will work out. It's just going to take time. I didn't answer the comments from my last post. I'll work from this point on. Thanks for stopping by, each of you. It means a lot to know you all are out there, thinking of me and supporting me.
Friday, March 03, 2006
I'm Back!
Posted by Karon at 3/03/2006 11:10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm glad you were able to update us now. I'm sorry that things didn't go how you wanted them to. I hate that you and Tim had a fight over it. Things will work out one way or another. I think it's great that you're willing to get out there. I know that was hard on me when I'd been home for years after my son was born.
Sometimes life turns out surprisingly well when you least expect it. Some of my best adventures happened as a direct result of some awful situation. Keep your chin up, I'm sure good things will happen to you soon!
Hi Karon I hope you dont mind me stopping over here. I know I post too much on SP. I just wante dyou to know how grateful and what a privilage it's been to have found someone else to "really be able to talk to, and someone who doesn't critize or put you down. I do know what you mean about being on your feet for a long period of time. In my past I have passd up several opportunities because deep down I really wanted the job I could taste it, however, after I really thought about it for a while I knew that I would'nt beable to do what was asked because of my weight. I haven't always been really overweight. It just seems that over the years I have had so many disapointments that I turned to food to make me feel better. My Wife always tells me I'm smart and I could do anything I want to If I just got rid of my negative attitude. Easier said than done. When I first started on the SP Site I would read about others and their success, but I wouldn't post because even though we are all just typing and in real life may never meet anyone we type to I felt "below or "Less" than everyone . I have no real friends. Now with being out of work I have no contact with anyone except you and the other ladies on the Sp Site. I really ahve a hard time trying to say want I want to sometimes so please forgive this rambling. I have no family left around except my wifes. I grew up adopted and was told by my step parents I ahve brothers and sisters who may not even know I exist. My biological mother whos name I dont even know Moved back to Chicago with the kids she already ahd when I was born. I wish that there was some way to track them down . I 've thought about it for years now but feel I might disrupt another family if I tried to look. I only have a birth cert. lasting my given born name and the name of my father. I dont even know how I got started talking to you about this not even the friends I have known, know about anyof this. Again the realreason why I posted here is to thank you for being a true friend and inspiration to myself as well as to the other Ladies on SP. Thanks again .... David (SP)
Valerie...I know that in the end all things happen for a reason. I don't know why I had to drive all the way to Florida, but do feel I learned a valuable lesson. I don't really want to move. I will if I have to, but I don't want to. Tim wants to because he hates things here but I honestly think moving will not make him happy. We've moved so much in the last 20 years. I'm tired and just want to stay put. Something has to turn up, somehow.
Jeanne...Thanks for the prayers. I also believe that there is a master plan out there for each of us and we aren't to know what it is. Trust and seek and follow our hearts and instincts and we will get to where we're supposed to be. I guess that's why I made that crazy drive. I thought maybe FL is where I'm supposed to be, but given the circumstances, I don't think that anymore. That trip was to teach me something else. Now, if only I could figure it all out! LOL
Suzi...The chin is up. That's the one thing I hear my mom saying to me all the time. She said it to me a lot when she was alive and I still hear her saying it in times of desperation. I'll just keep on keeping on and let the chips fall where they will.
David...You're welcome and please do come back anytime. You should never be ashamed of who you are. I don't think you post too much on SP at all. I'm glad to have you there with us, keeping us in line. LOL
Sometimes it's easier to 'talk' to someone we'll never see. Thanks for sharing your life with me. My girls are both adopted. I have an older brother who was adopted when he was born. I also have a niece that was given up for adoption. I'd love to find them both, but like you, would hate to disrupt a family. Sometimes, things are best left alone but it makes it rough on us. I've always told my girls they can find their birth parents whenever they want. I have some information that will help them. To date, neither has wanted to for reasons of their own and I respect that.
Feel free to email me anytime at norakeno@yahoo.com if you want to talk more.
Karon -
I know moving, changing jobs, etc. can be very stressful. I agree 100% with what Jeanne wrote. . . things DO happen for a reason. Maybe it's time for a change, but maybe Florida isn't the answer.
Hang in there, hon!
Care'
ahh Karon! I am sorry things are so rough for you right now! But like the other posters said, everything happens for a reason. Another favorite of mine is when one door closes, another opens. This was a huge step for you, and while it may take a few more huge steps, I know in my heart the right thing will come to you. Big hugs, my friend!
Hmm - what a strange twist of events. I hope everything works out for the best - it usually does. Welcome back.
Care'...I'm hanging, believe me!
Michelle...Somehow it's all going to work out. I just have to hang in and have the faith.
Paul...I thought it very strange but we'll see what happens. I just have to look harder and keep trying, I guess.
Post a Comment